Role Summary: The Staff Software Engineer role resides within the Data and Analytics organisation in GE Gas Power IT. The objective of this role is to build a robust data platform in cloud for the DnA team and driving platform solution implementation and automation . Responsible for improving cloud engineering practices, timely delivery of projects and enabling next generation software solutions. Works independently and lead design discussions through active participation with platform and data architects.
- Provide technical leadership, develop and evolve software in a fast paced and agile platform environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
- Partnering with application developers to build data pipelines using Big data technologies and AWS cloud services
- Developing Design Patterns and technology blueprints , promoting Architecture guidelines and enforcing standards and best practices.
- Partnering with Business teams on Proof Of Concepts and new technology initiatives
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing, and code quality automation.
- Drive design reviews, code reviews and apply database design concept to model relational and non-relational data stores.
- Assess application performance, then optimize and improve it through best coding practices to support software build, release, and deployment processes.
- Implement core data structures for web services (SOAP, WSDL or REST) as well as algorithms using language of choice.
- Bachelor's degree, or foreign degree equivalent, in STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) with 6 years of progressively responsible post-Bachelor's degree related experience.
- Master's degree, or foreign degree equivalent, in STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) with 4 years of related experience.
4 years of experience:
- Software design patterns
- Java/Python/Scala coding
- Software build, release and deployment processes
- Web services (SOAP, WSDL or REST)
3 years of experience:
- Hadoop , Spark , NoSql database
- SQL database (Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Configuration management ( Chef , AWS CloudFormation, etc.)
2 years of experience:
- Micro Services
- Cloud (Preferably AWS or Azure)
- Search engine ( ElasticSearch , Solr)
- Exposure to M/L and AI is desirable
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: India;Bengaluru;
Apply on company website