Role Summary: Project Manager will be responsible for the construction of wind power plant from site selection to commissioning of the project. Role includes identifying risks & plan mitigation, collection of Revenues, executing the Project Work as per the contracted schedule & cost, Contracting for Sub Contractors, change orders, drive the team to fulfill the targeted goals in terms of Schedule, EHS & Quality, Improving the Revenues and schedule, Reporting project productivity & performance.
Essential Responsibilities: The Project Manager demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
• Create project plans, including project scope, goals, tasks, resources, schedules, costs, contingencies and other project information for the assigned project.
• Primary customer contact for the project.
• Resolve specification and commercial issues, manage correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate / coordinate with staff as appropriate.
• Manage the financial & project performance of the assigned project
• Ensure on-time delivery in accordance with contract.
• Revenue collections and improve profit Margins in the project.
• Manage project risk issues including receivables, claims, contract changes, margin enhancement and effective project closeout.
• Lead project team through contract reviews to identify & manage risks, plan Mitigations, monitor financial and operational performance against the agreed timescales and initiates corrective action where appropriate.
• Coordinate with cross functional teams including Engineering, manufacturing, Sourcing, Logistics, Finance, compliance, legal and Services for effective implementation of the project.
• Provides leadership and direction to assigned resources.
• Manage site assessments or environmental studies for wind fields.
• Update schedules, estimates, forecasts, or budgets for wind projects.
• Supervise the work of subcontractors or consultants to ensure quality and conformance to specifications and budgets.
• Review BoP design, engineering, technical documentation to ensure compliance with applicable government or industrial codes, standards, requirements, or regulations.
• Assist in the preparation of applications for environmental, building or other required permits.
• Build HSE culture through role.
Qualifications/Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
• Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering/construction management or equivalent
• Higher education in project management/ business management (desirable but not essential)
• 10-15 years of project Management experience in wind farm/renewable energy and/or power generation projects.
• Knowledge and experience in Project Control & Planning, commercial and contractual aspects.
• Knowledge and experience in project procurement aspects.
Desired Characteristics: Administrative & Decision-making skills
Knowledge of safety procedures and practices
Sense of urgency in dealing with issues and tasks.
Proven leadership skills and ability to effectively manage a matrix team / organization.
Ability to anticipate events and develop adaptive strategies / remedies.
Strong skills in customer relationship building, facilitation, and matrix management
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills
Knowledge in Project Management tools
Travel between Project sites, Customer & contractor locations and various GE offices
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: India;Bengaluru;
Apply on company website