Role Summary: The role will lead the D&A domain for Steam Power business. You will align stakeholders on strategy, vision and priority as well as build and execute a roadmap to drive the required changes in the respective areas with the goal to build a long-term sustainable D&A set of tools (product catalog, platforms, technology roadmaps, customers experience, …) in order to enable data visibility and facilitate decision making process.
Essential Responsibilities: In this role, you will:
• Lead the execution of the Steam Data Lake Carve out ensuring successful go live in synch with the Steam ERP standalone project.
• Define guiding principles and the operating model for the new Data & Analytics Team to run operations, development and users support.
• Lead strategic and business stakeholder's prioritization and requirements meeting in order to define and agree multi-year budget for Data & Analytics
• Build, coach, mentor, and lead a world class data and analytics engineering, architect, product owner team. This will include recruiting and select talents in order to build up the required Team
• Setting strategy and standards through data architecture and implementation leveraging big data and analytics tools and technologies available in the market
• Lead partnership and collaboration with external vendors in order drive cost reduction opportunities for licenses, contracted services, support.
• Collaborate with the other ERP domain experts, the Regional IT Leadership and the Functional process owners in order to deploy and drive to successful adoption of software and IT Tools
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Management or Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum of 15 years of senior professional experience working with Data Management, Business Intelligence, Data Governance, Architecture and Analytics
• Strong understanding of Big Data, Data Warehousing, Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Integration (ETL, EAI), and Data Replication
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills, excellent communication skills
• Legal authorization to work in India or US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
Desired Characteristics: • Entrepreneur attitude: willing to deliver concrete business outcome whilst finding cost effective solutions
• Demonstrated ability leading teams, programs and technical improvement in the Data & Analytics space
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to work cross functionally
• Knowledge of SAP environment (technical environment and application development standards)
• High Energy & Self Motivated. Strong facilitation and conflict resolution abilities, skilled in balancing value propositions for competing stakeholders
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, leadership and organization skills
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: India;Bengaluru;
Apply on company website