Role Summary: The Communications Manager plays a key leadership role in the development and deployment of the Product/ Region P&L communications strategy, keeping alignment with GEHC's overall strategy and global messaging. This role is responsible for ensuring that the commercial activities, image and reputation are represented positively and accurately to the media (trade, consumer & social), financial community, general public and other centers of influence.
Essential Responsibilities: • Leads all Communications activities for the Product/Region P&L.
• Develops and executes multi-channel communications programs that further the P&L's business success. Interacts with internal and external stakeholders to refine, improve and bring communication plans to fruition. Provides executives with communications guidance on most complex, sensitive and business critical issues. Generates ideas to drive business growth.
• Drives communications cross P&L projects/initiatives in support of businesses' strategic priorities (e.g. employee engagement, GE Opinion Survey, Crisis communications, acquisitions/integrations, healthymagination, influencing healthcare policy)
• Leads a team of Public Relations and Organizational Communications Managers within the P&L responsible for supporting communications associated with all aspects of public relations/public affairs, partnering with government affairs to influence healthcare policy where relevant and maintaining contact with outside agencies, industry associations, and media representatives to influence and inform developments in the healthcare industry
• Collaborates with key support functions (Government Relations, Finance, Legal, HR, etc) to ensure that operations and image are represented positively and accurately externally
• Collaborates with GEHC's Global Communications central team and GE's Corporate Communications in PR, OrgComm and crisis communications to ensure delivery of key themes for global initiatives such as healthymagination and maintain a positive reputation for the company
• Serves as a crisis communications team leader/member for specific business issues, including cross-GEHC issues
• Supports/Leads global initiatives for GEHC by coordinating a cross-functional team (e.g. Transformation, GEOS, GLM, Kick-off activities).
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Arts, English or a related field - and minimum 8 years experience in Corporate Communications in private or public sectors or minimum 10 years communications experience covering organizational communications, PR or marketing communications
• A track record of influencing and engaging successfully with external stakeholders (thought leaders, key opinion leaders, influencers, press, governments) at the highest levels in a highly regulated, politically sensitive and technical environment
• Excellent oral & written communications skills with ability to simplify complex issues and act quickly with sensitivity to a range of external perspectives
• Strong commercial acumen and understanding of the business drivers
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated teamwork skills
• Successful people leadership record
• Clear interest and understanding of current affairs, politics and public opinion and the ability to gauge the effects of these on present and future business plans
• Ability to work in a complex business matrix, meeting the needs of both the P&L and the Communications Function
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects
• Integrity: accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
• Fluent in English (oral and written)
Desired Characteristics: • Experience working in the healthcare industry
• MBA or higher degree
• Previous Communications experience in a corporate environment
• Change agent capable of influencing across the organization and to champion change in a passionate, convincing manner that elicits support
• Clear thinker with the ability to prioritize and communicate priorities clearly and concisely. Able to make decisions with speed and accuracy, based on available info
• Ability to translate strategy into business objectives. Able to make decisions with speed and accuracy, based on available info
• Inclusive: identifies and relates to unique interests and priorities of key leadership /stakeholders. Able to build a connection to key stakeholders and establish credibility. Manage and resolve conflicts. Able to deliver and help stakeholders deliver tough messages in a way that makes it easy to accept and adopt
• Strong people leader capable of driving and motivating his/her team to achieve the business objectives.
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: China;BeiJing, ShangHai;Shanghai;
Apply on company website