Role Summary: Responsible for testing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management; increasing the ability to work independently. Breaks down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks. Works independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
Essential Responsibilities: • Demonstrates increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas.
• Applies various testing types and methodologies effectively during SDLC.
• Takes ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
• Applies principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Writes effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored.
• Begins to collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans.
• Collaborates with Quality Leaders in creating test plans. Implements and configures testing tools and at times help junior staff. Implements system-level integration testing.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms.
• Expet in BDD tools and Selenium
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in the industry
Desired Characteristics: Must have strong software knowledge 4+ years experience writing scripts in one of following
scripting languages: Java. Jscript Unix/Windows.
* Database/SQL/Oracle knowledge and experience of Windows/Unix/Linux.
* Experience of testing client server and GUI applications.
* Familiar with methods and techniques of structured reviews.
* Experience of working in an environment with strict quality procedures.
* Effective oral expression and written expression, easy contact, adaptable, can foster team spirit.
* Excellent Planning and organizational skills.
* Excellent communicator and team player:
* Experience working in Agile development environment.
* Six - Sigma Green belt trained (GE Employees).
* Good knowledge of Mathematics will be highly desirable.
About Us: Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the
world. Additional Locations: India;Mumbai;
Apply on company website