Role Summary: Reporting to the Head of Projects (ANZ), The Project Manager will be responsible for delivery of the construction phase of the project, including; management, co-ordination and reporting in relation to the construction, installation and execution of the Bango wind farm in NSW.
This role will be on a FIFO 3:1 roster.
- Exercise commercial and finance controls during the execution of the project with regular reporting and forecasting of project metrics and KPIs.
- Ensure compliance to the technical specifications of the product and all deliverables.
- Ensure the coordination of technical support/engineering and onsite construction resources.
- Provide guidance to the Project Management team for on-time / on-budget execution.
- Strong focus on Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) mindset and compliance.
- Build strong local and regional relationships with Customers, ensure Customer Satisfaction excellence and help in securing repeat orders with our customers.
- Ensure compliance to Quality Policy and Quality processes are strictly implemented.
- Foster a team environment to facilitate success.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive Cost out.
- Travel to Sites and Customer locations on business needs as required.
- Work with Operations team to Monitor Cost of quality and provide periodic dashboard to management on challenges / margin erosion.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's in engineering/Construction or Commercial/Law – Electrical, Electronics of Power Electronics, Mechanical Engineering.
• Professional experience in wind farm construction projects and / or Infrastructure or Power Generation will be highly regarded. • Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance in all areas of responsibility. • Work efficiently without direct supervision & lead team projects personnel. • Strong commercial/contract and financial acumen. • Knowledge of ISO & Safety Standard's. • Excellent Communication Skills. • Customer Service and advocate mindset. • Good computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and knowledge of Database operations.
• Knowledge on Renewable policies and national / state / regional requirements. • In depth Knowledge of Project Management and Project execution including Installation and Commissioning. • Experience handling Consortium type projects required.
Desired Characteristics: • GB Certified (if GE employee) • Ability to Travel to sites within ANZ and Asia Pacific region in support of Execution. • Strong Technical, Leadership and Interpersonal Skills.
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: Australia;Richmond;
Apply on company website