Role Summary: The cell therapy process development scientist will be responsible for developing technical solutions for cell therapy manufacturing process, including cell isolation, viral/non-viral transduction, expansion and harvesting. Establish and maintain one active lab to deliver process development and technical trainings for both internal and external people. Collaborate with global CGT team and commercial team to promote industrialized CTT solutions by GE CTT platforms.
Essential Responsibilities: 1. Ensure all routine lab operations compliant with GE EHS guidance.
2. Offer process development services for Cell Therapy accounts by establishing and maintaining an active lab in Shanghai, including cell processing and related analytical methods.
3. Draft and update continuously for all SOPs related to lab operations.
4. Train commercial team in specific Cell Therapy processes and applications.
5. Collaborate with commercial team to promote GE platform for Cell Therapy manufacturing workflows.
6. Support sales activities in house and/or at the customer sites.
7. Keep close communication with global or local regulatory authorities regarding Cell Therapy guidance.
8. Present at scientific conference and/or in front of customers as needed.
9. Support Cell Therapy training course (CELLT1).
10. Support publication of cell therapy application notes.
11. Understand marketing trends to support sales department and customers.
12. Able and willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Master degree with 5+ years industry experience or Ph.D. degree with 2+ years industry experience.
• Strong technical background on cell isolation, viral/non-viral transduction, expansion and harvesting.
• Enough experience in autologous or allogeneic T-cell manufacturing.
• Has in-depth understanding for Quality control related to Cell Therapy manufacturing flow.
• Familiar with related latest regulations, CFDA, FDA and EMEA.
• Good presentation and interpersonal skills, self-direction, people-oriented, proactive, good planning & execution skill, sense of responsibility, fast learner and team player.
• Good scientific writing and oral presentation skills.
• Fluent in English/Chinese (reading/speaking/writing).
Desired Characteristics: • Customer focused, commercially aware.
• Previous experience in an actual client-facing process development role.
• Excellent computer skills for document management.
• Enthusiastic, optimistic, passion self-motivated achiever.
• Reliable and thorough person who always delivers on promises and always promises realistically.
• Good organizational skills.
• Good team work with team members and local commercial team.
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: China;ShangHai;Shanghai;
Apply on company website