Role Summary: Principal Engineer - Mechanical: Provide technical guidance, direction, and training to new / experienced Design Engineers, Specialists, Technicians and interns, contributing to the design and development of new products, systems and solutions for maternal and infant care business of GE Healthcare. This includes efforts linked to technical improvement of existing products and components, processes and handling/servicing engineering needs for the global installed base.
Essential Responsibilities: In this role, you will develop technologies and processes to meet business needs across the Maternal Infant Care organization, manage complex issues within your functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. This role requires a strategic understanding of the patient/customer needs, product technology and intellectual property of GE Healthcare as well as our competitors. The Engineering GM and Chief Engineer rely upon Principal Engineers to innovate and differentiate.
1. Influence strategic development of global product roadmaps with a focus on technical differentiation that addresses key customer needs, through an excellent understanding of product system architecture(s), platforms and core technologies.
2. Drive elements of the multi-generational product plan as well as product specific development plans.
3. Conceptualize, lead and deliver Advanced Technology Development (ATD) projects to enable risk-free adoption of new technology in MIC NPIs.
4. Ownership from conceptualization, end-to-end design, production implementation and successful product launch. Identify gaps in design knowledge and develop process improvement strategies to close.
5. Technical mentor, provide strategic guidance on projects having critical business impact, through strong technical and process rigor in one or more of the following areas of mechanical engineering
• Structural analysis and dynamics
• Plastics and injection molding – materials and processes
• Platform architectures
• Thermal and acoustics
• Materials, 3 D printing
6. Coaching and mentoring in order to develop the engineering community in process, career growth and technical excellence.
7. Being aware of and complying with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations.
8. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
9. Drive compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Outputs/Program Deliverables.
10. Champion continuous improvement activities by initiating process and product quality improvement initiatives.
11. Work closely with the Chief Engineers Office to initiate, author and continuously improve design practices; leveraging experience to drive standardization and simplification and applying current best practices across the organization.
12. Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data to internal and external GE stakeholders and customers.
13. Provide technical consultation and application support to cross-functional teams throughout the business to improve or resolve manufacturing, product center, supplier or field issues.
Qualifications/Requirements: Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 15 years of relevant work experience or Masters/Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 12 years of relevant work experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency in multiple areas including but not restricted to structural analysis, CAD/CAM, thermal flow, acoustics, injection molding, plastics, tool development and pneumatics.
• Demonstrated experience on global product releases through multiple NPI cycles.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, judgment, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Contributed in driving technical changes across a segment of products.
This is a senior role with strict experience requirements.
Desired Characteristics: • Masters or PhD Degree in Engineering or equivalent (defined as 12 years progressive experience within engineering, science, or related field, including 5 years project leadership experience within manufacturing, development, or research development)
• Sound technical and domain experience in Mechanical engineering.
• Strategic planner and clear thinker with ability to drive change across the product lines of the segment.
• Experience in coaching and mentoring mechanical engineers at multiple levels in the organization.
• Awareness of GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations.
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: India;Bengaluru;
Apply on company website