Role Summary: MyApps Anywhere is a leading client facing technology providing seamless and secure access to reach applications effortlessly from virtually anywhere in the world.
- As part of Digital Workplace Solutions within CoreTech the role will deliver technical support for the MyApps Anywhere product to GE users and participate to enhance the overall experience of our customers. The role will collaborate closely with L1, L3, Developers, Service owners, and operations.
- Within Digital Workplace Solution, the L2 Application Support team is seeking a highly motivated team member with the ability to research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to complex technical issues experienced by customers of the MyApps Anywhere product. The individual will partner with other support teams including the MyApps Anywhere development team to drive resolution of advanced issues while improving the support model to ensure limitless customer satisfaction. A key part of the role will be to seek opportunities to automate remediation to generalized issues and documenting knowledge base tech notes and articles with the intent to provide an easy to use self-help experience for the users of MyApps Anywhere. The support engineer will be called upon to contribute to ongoing MyApps Anywhere development projects where needed, provide training to other support staff as required and prepare accurate and timely reports to allow the MyApps team to measure success.
- Equivalent of BTS / DUT in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Management or related disciplines OR proved technical IT experience
Deep technical expertise within the Windows and Mac client workspace
Prior experience with multiple scripting technologies (VBScript, PowerShell, python, shell, etc.)
Fluent in English and any other European language is a plus
- Experience working in a Global atmosphere.
- Proven working experience in client-facing enterprise technical support
- Independent worker, capable of complex decision making
- Excellent verbal and written skills with an audience of both technical and non-technical
- Experience with higher level programming languages (.Net, C#, C, Java, etc.)
- Capable of learning new technologies in a self-directed manner
- Capable of interfacing with ITIL processes
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing tasks
- Team player / influencer– collaborates with others to solve problems
- Highly intuitive with the ability to dissect issues and resolve proactively
- Change oriented – actively generates process improvement ideas
- Problem Solver – able to analyze a situation, determine the best course of action and deliver results
- Knowledge and experience with Service Now a plus, but not required
- Ability to work both autonomously and in constant collaboration with product owners, operations, and end users.
- Knowledge and experience triaging network related issues
- Knowledge and experience with log analyzing tool (IE Splunk) a plus, but not required
About Us: At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
Join our online communities to find out more!
LinkedIn Company page
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.Additional Locations: Hungary;Budapest;
Apply on company website