Role Summary: Under the responsibility of the Fleet Reliability and Operation engineer manager, the “Fleet” engineer is the site team first contact for all kind of questions and technical issues. Critical issues will be escaladed to the design team or to the experts while the” “Fleet engineer remains the owner and main site contact. The ultimate goal is to give the better service to the Hydro Customers to ensure their satisfaction to ensure growth of GE in this specific market.
Essential Responsibilities: GE Renewable Energy Hydro IB(Installed Base) engineering team is working on Hydro Turbine and Generator rehabilitation projects from the design phase to installation & commissioning. Within this team, Fleet Reliability & Operation engineers group is the bridge between the design team and the construction and commissioning team.
As the Lead Engineer - Fleet Reliability & Operation, you will:
- Conduct site visits to assess the existing turbine and/or generator condition, supervise signature tests on the unit before disassembly at site
- Daily phone call with site team to answer questions and for problem anticipations
- Provide additional work recommendation upon dismantling and inspection of existing components
- Site record sheet review and approval
- Non-conformity and general issue resolution
- Conduct site visits during the critical phases of the project
- Support commissioning and test phase
- Follow up of the performance testing of the prototype turbine on site
- Issue resolution during warranty period
- Technical customer support and issue resolution when the warranty is over
- Provide Feedback of experience to the design team
- Condition assessment (site inspection and major maintenance works recommendations to the customer)
- Main site contact for operation and maintenance contracts
- Design and related documentation preparation on small service projects
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in hydro business
- Willingness and ability to travel in North America and around the world
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Creativity, reactivity, sense of urgency, a good mix of common sense and science, priority management, proactivity, autonomy, good communication skills, are the main characteristics require for this position
- Knowledge on Hydro Turbine and Generator design and erecting methods
- Knowledge of calculation methods related to the strength of materials, finite element simulation, metallurgy and welding processes are added values for the job
- Being passionate about solving issues
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @gecareers
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we're proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website