Role Summary: Perform various production tasks such as tape winding, slurry making, post winding processing, and matrix ply casting.
This is a night shift position with 12 hour rotating shifts (6 PM - 6 AM), working every other weekend.
- Required to work in safe manner and adherence to all safety procedures
- Required to read, follow, and comply with work instructions
- Responsible for performing task such as:
- preform layup
- tape cutting
- tape winding
- slurry making
- post tape processing
- matrix casting
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Responsible for set-up and operation of production equipment
- Records data on part travelers or in databases and spreadsheets
- Performs all work in a safe manner
- Responsible for completing training requirements relevant to the department
- Required to maintain workspace in cleaning orderly manner
- Required to document all non-conformances and any issues that deviate from established procedures
- Flexibility in schedule to work an offshift position - night shift position with 12 hour rotating shifts (6 PM - 6 AM), working every other weekend
- High school diploma / GED
- One year experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability and willingness to work an offshift position - night shift position with 12 hour rotating shifts (6 PM - 6 AM), working every other weekend
- Experienced with entering data into a database
- Ability to work in a teaming environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website