Role Summary: Design, manufacture, install and service the most advanced technological software solutions and platforms for grid control rooms and market management systems, in charge of piloting and controlling the power grid; Energy Management Systems (EMS), Distribution Management Systems (DMS), Market Management Systems (MMS), and Wide Area Monitoring Systems (WAMS).
- Responsible for responding to advanced customer inquiries on the telephone, through on-line networks, and by e-mail.
- Communicates with customers to help them understand how to use the product properly.
- Responsible for solving customer problems that appear to arise from the use of the product. Handles requests for replacing defective parts.
- Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and records.
- Participates in final testing of new products. May direct junior level staff in testing.
- Is an expert in one or more subsystems and provides training and consulting for area of expertise. Works toward in-depth technical knowledge on additional
- Provides advanced code fixes for advance bugs, which do not require re-design of correction.
- Provides on-call support as assigned, which may require carrying a pager.
- Interfaces with customers on general and specific issues within area of functional expertise.
- Provides marketing support for proposals and demonstrations to potential customers.
- Mentors interns and junior staff.
Support Engineers are key actors to maintain GE Grid Software Solutions in optimal operational conditions. They work close to our customers, providing expertise in services in the areas of network design, condition-monitoring analysis, predictive maintenance, emergency support, ad-hoc maintenance or long-term service contracts.
The support engineer is also in charge of analyzing our customer business needs and providing the associated functional software specifications as well as the delivery of the agreed solution either alone or with experts from other domains: design, code, tests, integration, validation with customer, and on site delivery.
The employee also provides to our customers trainings on how to use and/or maintain their systems. He regularly participates to the on-call team (1wk/month) and is likely to travel (1wk/2month)
As a Software engineer you have good knowledge in Software development and system integration with key ability to follow quality assurance standards and procedures in all aspects of software development.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Software, or equivalent degree or equivalent knowledge / experience.
- You have ideally already an international experience
- Relevant experience in industrial systems integration.
- Programming Language: C/C++, JAVA, Perl, .NET
- English language: Professional and technical
- Ability to make decisions/Sense of urgency
- Motivating & inspiring
- Continuously managing & developing people
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: Norway;Oslo;
Apply on company website