Driven by Possibility Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations. We don't rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers' demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers' diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers' operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. We are Gates. POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer develops, plans, and implements process improvement / capital projects for global power transmission facilities. This position will be located in Siloam Springs Arkansas or Elizibethtown Kentucky manufacturing facility, also consider Denver Corporate office with the primary focus on managing multi-facility capital and/or standardization projects. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned beyond the core functions listed below.
- Prepares and presents capital project proposals for Gates' manufacturing plants globally.
- Develops Statements of Work (SOW); prepares bid packages for quote; reviews and provides the recommended sourcing decision.
- Recommends and implements improvements and/or modifications in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Capital equipment support and run-off at equipment supplies and Gates' manufacturing facilities.
- Management of project metrics including timing, spend forecast, and key objectives.
- Supplier visits for project updates and equipment run-offs.
- Research and develop new processes for both new and existing products.
- Training and support of the plant engineering staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BS Degree; preferable in Electrical / Controls / Mechanical / Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of specific experience in engineering project management and implementation with progressive responsibility.
- Strong experience in equipment specification, design, and integration for new and existing processes; experience with various industrial control systems and a basic understanding of machine control concepts strong knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Experience with integrating lean manufacturing and six sigma principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent project management skills, including execution and follow up assessment.
- Results oriented, seeks creative solutions to business problems.
- Proven ability to lead cross functional and cross cultural teams.
- Proficient project management and engineering related software skills including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office
- Project Management Programs (Microsoft Project)
- AutoCAD/AutoCAD Inventor
- Capability SPC (Minitab)
Apply on company website