Driven by Possibility Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations. We don't rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers' demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers' diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers' operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. We are Gates. OVERVIEW:
The North America Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for financial planning and analytics within a team managing $1.4B in annual revenue. The position will be key role within the Americas Commercial Finance team, partnering with the VP's of channel sales & marketing to achieve strategic objectives and financial results. In this highly visible role, you'll have responsibility to generate reliable annual plans, monthly forecasts, and metric reporting to drive informed business decisions. This is a cross functional position, with the opportunity to work with many areas of the business including Commercial, Operations, Supply Chain and Product Line Management. The successful candidate will be highly analytical, flexible, and a strategic thinker with the drive to solve complex issues. S/he will have accounting and finance knowledge, with the proven ability to communicate effectively with various functions in the company and with various levels. The individual will be an eager, self-starter with the unrelenting desire to learn. S/he will appreciate working in the details and collaborating with business and finance partners. Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for generating annual plan and monthly forecasting for NA commercial revenue and margin. Develop and improve analytical processes and standardized reporting to improve forecast accuracy for key areas such as volume, price, mix, and initiative impacts.
- Support financial analysis on commercial based investment projects and continuous improvement opportunities on current revenue base. Manage discount and allowance structure.
- Support SG&A and headcount plans. Partner with the business to ensure spending is managed, continuously identifying areas of opportunity to support business growth.
- Serve as a key liaison to commercial leads and the S&OP team to gather and integrate key business inputs into the financial and accounting processes.
- Responsible for understanding and performing accounting processes to ensure compliance with company and accounting policies, audit requirements, and control environment mandates. Responsibility may include support of month end close process, accounting policy application, and support in standardizing accounting practices across North America.
- Self-motivated, with a focus on continuous improvement and an eagerness for personal development
- Ability to manage competing demands, flexibility in varying processes, with a demonstrated capability to solve complex issues
- Work well under pressure, achieve tight deadlines, effectively prioritize to critical need
- Function within strategic vision and translate target solutions into tactical, actionable tasks
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience utilizing financial and reporting tools such as Oracle and Cognos
- Strong written/verbal communication skills in analytically based content, effective presenter, with experience presenting to senior leadership
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, with MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in analytical finance or accounting roles in commercial sales, distribution or manufacturing with evidence of progressing responsibility.
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.
Apply on company website