Are you inspired by challenging the status quo? Do you thrive in collaborative environments that drive results? If so, Gates could be for you. Gates is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. We push the boundaries of material science to engineer solutions that continually exceed customer expectations. We know that's trying to fancy the terminology… think belts and hoses. Found in motorcycles, conveyer belts, cars, tractors, blenders, vacuum cleaners, bicycles, & 3D printers just to name a few. Because why not do it all? WHAT TO EXPECT As an innovation leader, we look for ambitious, forward thinking, open-minded and well-rounded individuals to join our global team. Gates is seeking a Production Supervisor within our Brandon, SD plant. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for providing daily direction and training to shop floor employees who perform work in production, assembly, and other shop floor areas. This position with oversee a 3rd Shift Team that works a 10:00 PM – 6:00 AM Shift, Sunday through Thursday evening as well as a Friday evening overtime shift as needed. Key responsibilities (to name a few):
- Manage performance, productivity, attendance, quality, and housekeeping expectations
- Address performance problems, recognition, and provide coaching where appropriate
- Ensure policies and work practices are administered in a fair and consistent fashion
- Ensure a continuous focus is placed on process improvement and reduction of waste
- Ensure a safety-driven culture
- Ensure expectations are clearly articulated and safe work practices are adhered to
- Report and track shift metrics
- High School education or equivalent and 4 years of experience
- Requires a working knowledge of equipment and production processes.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, lead and empower people
- Demonstrated ability to drive accountability, resolve conflict and manage performance expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt and flex styles in a quickly changing team environment.
- Strong team player; proactively able to step in to support other team members as needed.
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills. Be able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks while meeting expected timelines.
- Takes action, anticipates the needs of internal and external customers and is self-directed in achieving results.
- Uses creativity to seek quality solutions and process improvements while keeping in mind the needs of the business.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- General computer skills to include proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products (i.e. Excel and Word)
- Must be able to work any shift.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually high. The environment in some areas will require safety PPE to include hearing protection, steel-toed shoes, and safety glasses. This list of PPE is not inclusive of all types of PPE that may be required. Additional PPE may be required dependent on the operation or situation. Gates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. ARE YOU DRIVEN BY POSSIBLITY?
Apply on company website