Driven by Possibility Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations. We don't rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers' demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers' diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers' operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. We are Gates. OVERVIEW: At Gates, we welcome challenges, celebrate hard work, and continually seek new talent to join our global company. Our Denver office is looking for a Customer Service Director for our North America business. Please review below to see if this might be the right opportunity for you. The Customer Service Director is responsible for managing the teams that provide front line support to our customers - Distributors and Original Equipment Manufacturers in North America. This role is pivotal and will help set the strategy for the region that will drive Gates to improve our Customer Experience and internal productivity. The CS Director will also measure and enhance metrics to exceed customer expectations relating to order management, case management, call handling, and problem resolution. Working closely with global functional and cross-functional peers, the CS Director will ensure that processes are aligned and followed closely. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with NA Customer Service team managers to set goals that support the strategy of the business unit while enhancing the Customer Experience.
- Participate in the annual strategic planning cycle by developing a robust strategy for the team.
- Own metrics and report out status on a monthly basis
- Drive alignment of business/organizational goals to the associate level.
- Develop and Implement CSR level scorecards to track individual performance on key metrics monthly
- Optimize human capital, focusing on value add activities.
- Work cross-functionally with S&OP, Product Management, Manufacturing Plants, and Sales to coordinate customer related activities.
- Promote effective and innovative problem solving and decision making.
- Benchmark with external and internal organizations to stay on top of tools, systems, and skillsets required.
- Motivate people & effectively build solid relationships with customers.
- Diffuse tension and act as escalation point for customer related issues
- Bias towards customer success
- Action taking attitude
- Deep understanding of business strategy
- Metrics driven approach
- Contagious energy and drive for improvement
- Bachelor's Degree and 7 years of experience leading teams and/or significant programs
- Broad knowledge of Gates and our products/markets
- Deep experience dealing with customers including end users, Distributors and Original Equipment manufacturing companies.
- Decision making ability that results in growth, profitability & positive customer experiences
- Negotiation skills required to resolve complex or sensitive issues with customers, both externally & internally
- Ability to motivate people & interpersonal relationship skills that build strong customer relationships & maintain a positive team morale
- Experience with call center systems, metrics reporting, and managing remote work.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without sponsorship
- MBA Preferred
Apply on company website