Driven by Possibility Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations. We don't rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers' demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers' diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers' operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. We are Gates. SUMMARY: Individual will be responsible for maintaining and planning data in ERP system(s) and contributing to continuous improvement initiatives, as well as completing certain ad hoc requests as required by Management.
- Schedules and coordinates supply requirements (manufactured or purchased) from supply base (manufacturing plants, 3rd party suppliers or affiliate plants).
- Perform root cause analysis to address service level or inventory variances from management plan and initiate and monitor corrective actions.
- Resolves issues with schedule adherence, supplier on-time-delivery, quality, and price (as applicable) by engaging appropriate internal departments.
- Controls the inventory of assigned products in accordance with management objectives.
- Establishes priorities for assigned supply base to meet customer (internal or external) requirements.
- Assist in source of supply selection (manufacturing plant or supplier) and act as primary interface between Gates customer and source of supply.
- Maintain planning, pricing (as required), and other required information for assigned items in ERP system(s).
Qualified & Required SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or 5 years of experience
- 3 years buyer/planner experience and working knowledge and understanding of production, purchasing, and inventory planning (we will also consider 2017 & 2018 Supply Chain Bachelor/Masters candidates with relevant internship experience)
- Prior experience in a high SKU count environment preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Good computer skills with the ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly
- Strong team player; proactively able to support other team members as needed and share knowledge to allow cross training of all key functions; builds collaborative relationships
- Ability to Travel up to 10% of the time
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and proven ability to facilitate collaboration in cross regional and multi-cultural teams
- Prior Experience with Sales & Operations Planning preferred
- Experience in Project Management within cross functional teams
- Fluency in Mandarin is a plus
Apply on company website