Driven by Possibility Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations. We don't rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers' demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers' diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers' operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. We are Gates. POSITION SUMMARY: A person in this position provides technical support for belt applications to customers and our sales team. This position is also involved in developing new products and improving existing ones. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical support to customers, sales and manufacturing personnel on existing and new applications.
- Design and development of new products and associated processes. Includes, creation of drawings, specifications, bill of materials and routings
- Contribution to marketing materials
- Ability to perform product improvement
- Development and use of testing equipment and procedures
- Ability to travel to customer locations to provide on-site belting installations at customer sites
- Ability to train Gates customers and end users on how to splice, weld bets, and other belt fabrication methods
- AS in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline is the minimum requirement.
- 3-5 years' experience in engineering field with emphasis on machine design is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Sound understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals and machine shop practices.
- Good working knowledge of computer-aided-design (CAD) software; SolidWorks knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge of components in motion control and industrial automation systems.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication. Must be able to effectively communicate application/product requirements and interact with customers, sales, design and manufacturing teams.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and ability to use all MS Office Products
Apply on company website