Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
Job Description:About GAF – Mount Vernon, Indiana
Mount Vernon, Indiana is located about 20 miles west of Evansville, along the Ohio River. Evansville is the 3rd largest city in Indiana and in 2017 was ranked as one of the most affordable places to live in America! The GAF site in Mount Vernon was founded in 1973 and produces a wide variety of products, including both residential and commercial roofing materials. Our 88 acre site is currently undergoing many exciting changes, including the addition of a new on-site warehouse! There's never been a better time to join our team!
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Supply Chain Coordinator you will support various Purchasing and Logistics initiatives across the site. You will report directly to the Sr. Supply Chain Manager.
- Process requisitions, obtain quotes, and convert requisitions into purchase orders.
- Submit purchase orders to suppliers and obtain order confirmation.
- Manage new and approved contractors. Communicate requirements. Maintain files.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities using competitive bidding, negotiations and service improvements.
- Expedite materials and services to meet Plant requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement with suppliers by driving improved service levels.
- Work with Corporate Purchasing to transact long-term contracts and rentals for over 12 months. Assist Corporate Purchasing with inquiries.
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the Logistics Department. Communicate concerns and issues. Work as a team to achieve the resolution.
- Assist with physical inventory counts of both raw materials and finished goods. Monitoring of on-hand materials balancing and coordinating to the production schedule.
- Work with the logistics team to ensure all products are counted at least one time during the quarter.
- Cross-train and act as a backup for the purchasing, planning/scheduling, and key logistics operations.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned, to include supporting the Production Planner by tracking raw materials and notifying the team of potential issues such as late arrivals or shortages.
Knowledge and Skills
- Familiar with standard Purchasing concepts, practices & procedures
- Intermediate knowledge of MRP systems such as PeopleSoft and Maximo
- Intermediate knowledge of G-Suite and MS Office
- Intermediate knowledge of materials safety requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to climb stairs. Frequent sitting, walking and standing, and occasional climbing stooping kneeling and crouching.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a Purchasing function to include working directly with suppliers and contractors.
- Familiarity with standard Purchasing concepts, practices, and procedures, as well as having intermediate knowledge of MRP systems such as PeopleSoft and Maximo.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
- We offer a very competitive salary, bonus and benefits package and you are eligible to begin taking advantage of our insurance and 401k programs starting on your first day! Our excellent 401(k) includes an employer contribution of up to 7%! To further emphasize the competitive salary offered, we'd like to share that compensation in addition to base salary is available to those working extended schedules.
- Your professional growth and development is very important to us and therefore we offer internal training programs, as well as a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- New employees can expect to be eligible for three weeks of vacation (prorated from your start date).
- In support of working families we offer a parental leave benefit, in which employees who give birth or adopt a child may be eligible for paid leave.
- Insurance coverage plans include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, disability, life insurance, employee assistance program, and more.
- Other exciting benefits include health club/gym membership reimbursement, referral program, and product rebates when purchased for an employee's primary residence.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to join us, we definitely want to hear from you! Contact us today
#LI - LH1We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
Apply on company website