Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Sr. Supply Chain Manager is responsible for working with Corporate/Plant Logistics & Transportation, Purchasing, Sales, Accounting, Customer Care, and the Plant/Site Management to develop and execute the Purchasing and Distribution strategy for the Plant/Site operation. This includes management responsibilities for all Supply Chain operations areas in the plant/site; Warehouse and Shipping (including associated offsite Warehouses), Inventory Control, Purchasing, Production Planning, Raw Material Planning and Receiving, and Transportation Management (inbound/ outbound, including optimizing the local use of GAF rail and truck fleet equipment). This position will assure that proper business and safety processes are being followed in these areas.
The individual will be responsible for the staffing and development of new and existing Supply Chain employees (as related to their primary job function) to ensure facility and department goals are aligned. Also, this individual will be accountable for the site(s) achieving distribution cost goals, inbound freight metrics, service reliability metrics, purchasing, raw material cost savings and volume goals. The position will evaluate and drive improvements in overall safety, along with operational cost effectiveness and efficiency within the Supply Chain function.
Responsible for managing the relationships with key partners; both suppliers and customers, negotiating cost and service for purchasing and transportation services, leases and agreements to include fleet and Lift truck equipment. This individual will coordinate with Corporate Purchasing Managers to ensure alignment with Corporate contracts and efficient raw material planning and ordering to maximize value for GAF.
This position will report to the Plant Manager with a dotted line to the Sr. Regional Distribution Manager.
- Lead team in meeting or exceeding site safety goals, by providing a safe work environment, training and materials as needed, and instilling a culture of safety in Shipping/Warehousing and Private Fleet operations.
- Drive down Supply Chain related costs through effective leadership and management of the Plant's Supply Chain resources. Manage costs to budgetary goals in the areas of Purchasing, Inbound and Outbound Transportation, Truck and Rail Fleet and Warehouse Operations. Identify, champion, and capture cost savings opportunities through Supply Chain related projects, including collaboration with Corporate Purchasing, Logistics and Transportation, Sales, Accounting, Customer Care, and the Plant team on the development of a distribution strategy for 1) products shipped from his/her location, and 2) for products manufactured by his/her Plant(s) in both normal and high-volume periods. Work with the Corporate Distribution Group and Purchasing (as necessary) to understand and take advantage of private fleets, and carrier synergies within the GAF distribution network.
- Effectively manage Supply Chain resources to ensure Service and Volume goals are met. This includes effective Production Scheduling, Raw Material ordering and inventory management, and Supply Chain execution. An effective inbound and outbound carrier base must be maintained to meet this objective. Coordinate with Corporate Purchasing and lead Plant's efforts to optimize raw material delivered costs (FOB and freight) and to ensure back-up / alternative supply options exist for key raw materials. Lead efforts to ensure multiple suppliers for packaging commodities such as pallet, stretch wraps, etc are approved and contracted. Actively lead and/or participate in regional buying teams. Actively lead efforts to become a Shipper of Choice and expand the carrier base to meet demand spikes caused by sales promotions, seasonal buys, weather related business spikes, etc.
- Ensure quality standards are met on inbound raw materials and outbound finished goods, as well as in the execution of key Supply Chain processes managed at the Plant. Work alongside Plant Quality Manager to ensure all raw material corrective and preventative action (CAPA) requests are submitted to vendors and follow up to ensure timely response from vendors. Ensure monthly reporting of raw material rejects and other supplier metrics. Lead 1-2 vendor audits every year. Ensure contractual commitments and supplier assessments, ensuring all purchases are consistent with quality and delivery requirements. Champion the Warehouse Improvement Process (WIP), ensuring that logistics staff follows the process, minimizing labor cost, reporting weekly metrics, conducting self-audits, meeting WIP goals (pallets handled/hour, labor cost per pallet handled, cycle counting adherence, etc.). Identify process failures that led to missed goals and develop and communicate continuous improvement plans to achieve WIP goals.
- Provide training and development plans, to include coaching, training and staffing for new and existing Logistics employees (as related to their primary job function) to ensure facility and department goals are aligned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES:
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
- Facilitating Change
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Business Acumen
- Developing Others
- Stress Tolerance
- Decision Making
- Managing Conflict
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems (PS or SAP)
- Advanced working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS -RF),
- Advanced working knowledge of Inventory Management Systems and processes , such as FIFO, LIFO, WIP, Physical counts, Cycle counts, and process controls
- Advanced knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and software, such as Carrier Point, JDA, and Oracle Transportation Management
- Advanced knowledge of planning software/systems ( JDA)
- Advanced experience working with standard Manufacturing concepts, practices, & procedures
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Advanced Communications skills, written and verbal
- Intermediate experience in planning and budgeting
- Advanced knowledge of Logistics and Supply Chain operations
- Intermediate ability to execute projects within scope, schedule and budget
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced delegation skills
- Intermediate leadership skills
- Advanced coaching skills
- Intermediate negotiation skills
- Ability to read and concentrate via computer data entry typing and proofreading
- Must be able to climb ladders and/or stairs and walk on open grating on elevated surfaces
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone
- Required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must continuously have the ability to differentiate colors precisely
- Occasionally operate business machines
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Accounting or Logistics/Supply Chain
- 7-10 yrs. years related experience in a high volume manufacturing, distribution, purchasing, production planning, and transportation environment
- APICS Certified Trainer Preferred
Apply on company website