Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Site Materials Manager is responsible for the, production scheduling, raw material planning and receiving, logistics coordination and communication with customers and other internal departments such as Production, Customer care and Supply Chain. Also, responsible for inventory management, inventory control systems and inventory processes for the site production operations. This position will provide leadership of inventory controls, supporting the plant operations, warehouses operations and their associated offsite warehouses.
He/she will assure that proper business and inventory management process are being followed. In addition, the individual will assist with training and staffing for new and existing employees (as related to job function) to ensure facility and department goals are aligned.
This position will report to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Manage the receiving function to maintain accurate raw material inventory balances. Audit and track FIFO compliance by plant operators. Communication with applicable internal departments and vendors to include, but limited to, scheduling activities etc.
- Production scheduling and raw materials planning to maintain a balance of service levels, inventory levels and change-over time.
- Manage waste and recycle programs. Ensure that scrap/surplus materials and any salvageable byproduct associated with the plant are sold to maximize return to the company.
- Establish and manage vendor qualifications and performance tracking measures and procedures. Negotiation of supply contracts and leases for goods, services and equipment. Establish solid business relationships with all vendors in order to negotiate pricing. Ensure multiple and/or backup sources of supply to ensure availability on materials for production schedule.
- Contractors-Identify and manage facility contractors, ensure qualifications in accordance with GAF policy, request and maintain updated documentation. Prepare RFQ's and RFP's, coordinate project specifications with internal customer(s) and develop competitive bidding. Develop contracts in coordination with corporate legal department and appropriate corporate department. Manage contractor safety program. Maintain current and complete vendor files on all supplies and materials. Ensure contract compliance and product quality.
- Provide training and development plans, to include coaching, training and staffing for employees to ensure facility and department goals are aligned. Track performance based on goals and quantifiable measurements.
- Capital Projects-Participate in planning and coordinating groups, manage and coordinate contractors and material suppliers, develop and track contract status, PR/PO status, material build and delivery status.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supply Chain Manager
Perform other duties assigned by management
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES:
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
• Facilitating Change
• Building Strategic Working Relationships
• Business Acumen
• Developing Others
• Stress Tolerance
• Decision Making
• Managing Conflict
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems ( PS or SAP)
- Intermediate knowledge of Supply Chain Planning software ( JDA Master Planning/Forecasting)
- Acquaintance with Warehouse Management Systems ( WMS -RF),
- Adept at use of Finite Scheduling Systems (JDA Sequencing)
- Adept working with Inventory Management Systems and processes , such as FIFO, LIFO, WIP, Physical counts, Cycle counts and process controls
- Working knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and software, such as web-based Carrier Point or Red Prairie ( load tendering, freight rates and carrier management, tracking and tracing systems)
- Advanced with standard Manufacturing concepts, practices & procedures
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Ability to execute projects within scope, schedule and budget
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced analytical and delegation skills
- Proven leadership skills in successful managing
- Ability to influence, direct, and guide cross functional teams
- Ability to read and concentrate via computer data entry typing and proofreading
- Must be able to climb ladders and/or stairs and walk on open grating on elevated surfaces
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone
- Required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must continuously have the ability to differentiate colors precisely
- Occasionally operate business machines
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
BA/BS Degree in Business, Logistics or relevant field.
5+ years related experience in a high volume manufacturing, distribution, production planning, inventory management environment
APICS certification preferred
No of direct reports: 3 - 5
No of indirect reports: 6 - 16
Budget Responsibility: Yes
Travel Requirements: 10-15%
Apply on company website