Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Shipper/Receiver needs to be a dependable self-starter with a desire to grow and succeed. Ensures accuracy of documentation, verifies inbound and outbound loads, operates fork lifts to put-away, stack and retrieve supplies and materials. Responsibilities also include documenting and maintaining inventory, utilizing various computer systems fo administration of shipping an dreceiving loads and ensuring shipping and production area organization and cleanliness. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the logistics field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain an accurate and quality inventory.
- Maintain item location knowledge of finished goods.
- Follow established policies and procedures for shipping material from the facility. Follow established policies and procedures for receiving material into the facility. Follow established policies and procedures for physically counting material at the facility.
- Report any damage to received goods and inventory goods. .
- Assist in documenting damaged goods and claims.
- Load/unload trucks with finished goods, demonstrating an understanding of product identification, product weight, product location and loading patterns.
- Load/unload raw materials, demonstrating an understanding of product identification, product weight, and product location.
- Provide accurate and timely shipment verification as requested.
- Exercise proper care in handling materials to prevent damage to product and equipment.
- Perform shuttling finished good from plant to warehouse
- Perform all duties in a safe and timely manner.
- Perform job in a courteous manner when dealing with customers, suppliers, drivers and coworkers.
- Maintain housekeeping in assigned area of the facility.
- Report any unsafe conditions.
- Production experience
- Ability to provide positive leadership and motivation for their crew
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve production challenges
- Familiar with standard manufacturing concepts, practices and procedures
- Proven ability to quickly learn and become proficient on new equipment and new processes
- Proven ability to teach and train other employees on equipment, processes and procedures
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Communication skills - proficient in written, verbal, and listening skills
- Familiarity with Safety activities, safe behavior observations, and team activities
- Good problem solving process.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Positive communication skills.
- Team oriented, excellent collaborative skills.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Fork-lift Certification
- Experience in Receiving Raw Materials
- Experience Shipping Finished Goods & Loading Trucks
- Experience in operating a tractor
- Ability to read and concentrate via computer data entry typing
- Must be able to climb ladders and/or stairs and walk on open grating on elevated surfaces
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone
- Required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must continuously have the ability to differentiate colors precisely
- Occasionally operate business machines
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
Apply on company website