Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
Job Description:The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for the planning, implementation and auditing of security policies and procedures to safeguard the integrity of and access to systems and electronic information to protect against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure. This position works with the members of the Security Team to detect actionable security events and to implement, sustain, administer and operate security technologies. The Security Engineer's role is to plan and engineer security tools, execute assigned security operations functions, operate and administer security tools directly or via 3rd party managed security services. The Engineer will closely support IT security awareness programs and advise resource owners on formation of appropriate security policies in concert with the Security Architect.
10% Consult with IT technical services staff to evaluate, select, install and configure hardware and software systems that provide appropriate security functions.
20% Review operation logs and event console activity to determine cause of security-related events or to identify potential security-related events.
40% Contribute to security incident response activities. Participate in investigations of suspected information security misuse or compliance. Develop and refine event detection, incident response and forensics technical capability and procedures.
30% Assist in responses to external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments. Recommend the application of controls, fixes, patches, disaster recovery procedures.
Conduct penetration testing and vulnerability assessments with internal tools and coordination with external vendors.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES:
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
• Good Customer Focus
• Good Communication skills (verbal & written)
• Developing Decision Making skills
• Good Collaboration skills
• Good Customer Focus
• Initiates Self Action some of the time
• Developing Business Acumen
• Developing Skills in Building Working Relationships
• Developing Stress Tolerance skills
• Developing Planning, Organizing & Follow-Up skills
• Good Attention to Detail
• Good Time Management skills
• Strong Troubleshooting skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
• Advanced knowledge of security systems and protocols
• Advanced knowledge of Security Standards
• Advanced knowledge of industry standard security tools and those utilized by GAF
• Advanced knowledge and execution of IT Standards, Policies and Procedures
• Advanced knowledge of Information Security Awareness
• Developing knowledge of General Project Management Methodology & Tools
• Good knowledge of GAF Systems, Applications, & Technologies
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Ability to interface with internal customers at all levels of the organization
• Good ability to Multi Task
• Developing skills in Prioritizing
• Good Analysis & Problem Solving Skills
• Developing Adaptability
• Regular supervision and oversight required
• Adherence to performance review and goal setting process
• Proactively working with manager to identify training needs to expand and improve skills
• Provide on-the-job training/support to new/other team members
• Proactively seeks guidance from other team members when needed.
• Developing ability to apply feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance
• Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, 8 years of IT experience, or Associate's Degree from a Technical Institution
• 8+ years of IT and business/industry work experience We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
Apply on company website