Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Manager of Warehouse Operations, must possess a high level of operational experience and knowledge in managing warehouse operations: including staffing, planning labor, budgeting, procurement and safety for warehousing operations. He/she will also have experience and knowledge of 3rd. Party logistics, inventory controls, warehouse improvement process, labor management, establishing KPI's and logistics systems including warehouse management systems (WMS), transportation management systems (TMS), yard management systems (YMS) and procurement systems.
This Manager of Warehouse Operations position is accountable for managing and leading all aspects of warehouse operations for multiple locations. He/she is accountable for setting and achieving a financial budget, safety compliance, product quality metrics, service reliability targets, and sales volume objectives, given changing future demand situations. He/she will responsible for execution of the operations managing through the sites Warehouse Services Managers and the warehouse operations teams.
In addition, the Warehouse Operations Manager is responsible for developing strategic direction that continuously drive operating efficiency, and expands service capabilities to deliver OI targets. Establish best practices in the shipping and receiving processes using new technology to minimize drivers loading/unloading times. Manage direct working relationships with key vendor partners, following proper procurement policies and practices.
The Manager of Warehouse Operations will create a culture of teamwork, adding value through services excellence to all customers internal and external. Manage to assure proper working relationships are established with Customers, Carriers, Sales, Customer Care, Plant Logistics team, Corp. Supply Chain team and the Fleet Operations, both truck and rail.
This position will report directly to the Vice President/GM for Hawk Logistics Solutions.
15-20% Direct and manages all aspects of the warehouse/shipping/receiving operations: assuring safety policies and practices are adhered too, shipping and receiving processes are documented and followed; assuring service, quality and safety targets are met.
10-15% Develops annual operating budget, setting financial targets that aligns with company objectives. Collaborating with Procurement and Legal in negotiating service contracts and agreements with key vendors. Assures routine invoicing process are accurate and completed monthly.
10-15% Establish warehouse/shipping/receiving service performance metrics with clearly defined goals and objectives around targeted truck dwell times, shipment volumes, quality and safety, and services.
20-30% Define the strategic plans for servicing the business; utilize Integrated Planning tools and cross-functional collaboration to drive continuous improvements through operating efficiencies. Expand service capabilities through the use of technology, tools and systems (WMS, YMS, TMS and FMS etc.)
20-30% Provide organizational leadership, through the use of training tools, team meetings, feedback, and development planning in creating a strong empowered, collaborative teamwork environment. Ensure organizational capabilities exist at assigned sites to meet current and future goals. Work effectively as a leader, managing relationships across Customer Service, Supply Chain, Sales, Plant logistics, Carriers, and Fleet Operations.
10-15% Continually work to identify savings opportunities across the network; through improved warehousing/shipping/receiving and fleet operations both inbound and outbound transportation to meet or exceed corporate objectives.
Lead special projects as assigned by manager.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES:
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
- Facilitating Change
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Managing Conflict
- Developing Others
- Continuous Improvement
- Decision Making
- Driving Results
- Business Acumen
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- In-depth knowledge of the Transportation Industry, with emphasis on Flat-bed Truck
- Advanced knowledge of Risk Management concepts, including contract administration.
- Advanced working knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and software, such as web-based Carrier Point or Red Prairie.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office or Google Suite and ERP systems (PS or SAP).
- Advanced knowledge with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS –RF, YMS, Labor Management).
- Advanced knowledge of Inventory Management Systems and processes, such as FIFO, LIFO, WIP, Physical counts, Cycle counts and process controls.
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Ability to manage budgets, for warehouse/shipping and transportation operations
- Ability to execute projects within scope, schedule and budget
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Analytical and delegation skills
- Proven leadership skills in successfully managing through others
- Ability to influence, direct, and guide cross-functional teams
- Advanced organization and scheduling skills
- Ability to read and concentrate via computer data entry typing and proofreading
- Must be able to climb ladders and/or stairs and walk on open grating on elevated surfaces
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone
- Required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must continuously have the ability to differentiate colors precisely
- Occasionally operate business machines
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Bachelors Degree required. Business, Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain Management
- 5-10 years of Warehousing/Logistics Experience.
Apply on company website