Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
The Maintenance Technician responsibilities include maintaining equipment to the subassembly or component level, assisting in developing preventive and predictive maintenance procedures, participating in continuous improvement efforts for equipment, process, and maintenance programs, and cross-training plant personnel. This position assists in implementing machine modifications and upgrades, conducts research and development to resolve issues, and recommends improvements to the overall performance of the plant equipment and systems.
The position requires prior experience in industrial maintenance and repair of equipment as well as basic electric and process control experience. Daily requirements include troubleshooting and performing preventative maintenance, repairs, and replacement of industrial equipment including power transmission components, conveyors, pumps, valves, piping, and pneumatic/hydraulic systems.
This position responds to issues on the production line and performs diversified maintenance work including repairs and routine preventative maintenance on all equipment. Occasional shift, weekend and holiday coverage is required.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical guidance to personnel in proper maintenance procedures.
- Initiate, develop and participate in the implementation of equipment modifications, equipment upgrades and continuous process improvements to improve productivity and reliability.
- Assist in improving unscheduled downtime and maintenance costs.
- Document equipment maintenance including inspection, repairs and modifications.
- Conduct technical audits of equipment condition status and report findings.
- Assist in training maintenance technicians, plant operators, and other personnel.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner, avoiding injuries to self and all coworkers.
- Actively pursue and maintain total plant safety.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to correct operational and safety problems.
- Clean equipment and buildings to maintain housekeeping standards.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years applying technical experience in an industrial setting.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to perform diversified maintenance work.
- Experience performing preventative maintenance, repairs, and replacement of industrial equipment including power transmission components, conveyors, pumps, valves, and piping.
- Experience working with both industrial pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to use basic hand tools and other tools required by your area of technical expertise.
- Technical skills reflecting an understanding of theoretical concepts as well as practical application.
- Safety consciousness with a thorough understanding of federal, state, local and plant-wide safety standards and concepts.
- Good communications skills: verbal, listening, reading and writing.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with basic office computer software and the ability to learn how to effectively use Maximo maintenance management software.
- Strong work ethic including attendance, safety and performance and a desire for self-improvement.
- Have a positive attitude and be motivated, responsible, and trustworthy.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for “hands-on” work in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Willingness to seek assistance and collaborate with support personnel.
- Demonstrate good teamwork in supporting all plant goals.
- Provide shift, weekend, and holiday coverage according to general maintenance work schedule.
- Possess the ability to use fork trucks and moveable work platforms.
- Physical ability and stamina required to perform diversified maintenance work in a manufacturing plant workplace setting.
- Broad range of industrial maintenance skills and experience including working in a heavy manufacturing/continuous process/web handling industry.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC's, programming ladder logic, variable frequency and servo drives, Wonderware/HMI software, and electronic test equipment.
- Knowledge of predictive maintenance including trend and vibration analysis.
- Evidence of continuing education in a technical field.
#ZRWe believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
Apply on company website