Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
Supervise production shift as assigned, within the Commercial ISO process. May also include maintenance and shipping resources assigned to shift. The Production Supervisor is responsible for safety, quality, and productivity through direct leadership and coordination of production operators in a highly involved workplace.
- 40-50% Drive productivity and foster continuous improvement through sound management practices including communication of goals, training of operators, operation of machines within established process specifications, and identification and resolution of production related issues. Maximize production efficiencies, achieve targeted raw material usages, and minimize yield losses while producing high quality product in a safe manner. Troubleshoot and quickly resolve production method or machinery issues that are impacting run rates, downtime, or quality.
- 15-25% Provide a safe work place through adherence to company safety policy, housekeeping and defined standards of training. Lead production crew safety meetings. Monitor compliance to safety policies and procedures, conduct inspections of plant areas, and ensure deficiencies found are resolved or appropriately communicated. Ensure production crew is well trained, involved, and committed to meeting production, quality, and safety requirements.
- 15-25% Maintain an excellent quality level of product produced at the lowest cost. Monitor key operating parameters to ensure the product adheres to specifications while minimizing raw material usage. Work with production operators to identify and reduce controllable quality issues. Ensure each operator completes required quality checks. Review results of audits performed by QA department and communicate to production crew. Provide feedback to production crew on all field complaints.
- 15-25% Provide leadership and direction to the production crew on a daily basis. Ensure production operators receive appropriate training for their positions. Participate in the selection discussion for filling open operator positions and participate in the interview process for new production personnel. Support communication throughout plant and maintain a union free workplace. Understand and feel comfortable communicating the bonus program so that employees understand their ability to impact results and maximize Operating Income and their bonus opportunity.
- 10-15% Complete all required administrative duties accurately and in a timely manner. Address performance issues with employees as required. Provide effective employee feedback to employees using the performance evaluation process. Monitor and address poor attendance issues in a timely manner. Work with production department administrative assistant to solicit and obtain coverage for absences and vacations. Maintain accurate timekeeping for production employees and ensure timecards are approved on time.
- 5–10% Perform other duties as assigned.
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
• Familiar with standard manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Skilled in problem identification/resolution.
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
• Planning and organizational skills including ability to manage multiple priorities
• Results oriented, high energy, credible, honest, self-motivated person
. Union free work experience preferred
• Proficient communications skills: written, verbal, and listening
• Coaching skills to include: demonstrating procedures, leading by example, and persuading others
• Familiarity with safety activities including root cause investigations, safe behavior observations, team activities, industrial hygiene, and OSHA compliance
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to climb ladder and/or stairs and walk on open grating on elevated surfaces.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing.
• Must be able to drive a forklift which requires sitting for long periods of time, as well as the ability to use your arms and legs to work the controls, breaks and steering wheel.
• Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
• Occasionally operate business machines.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
• High school diploma or GED required. Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
• A minimum of 2-5 years in manufacturing (continuous process) environment coupled with supervisory experience preferred.
Direct reports: 10
Indirect reports: 0
Budget Responsibility: N/A
Travel Requirements: 5%
Apply on company website