COMMUNICATIONS TECH (Field Technician, Install & Repair)
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Driving: Frequent
- Travel: Moderate
- Install and maintain inside wire for residential/business broadband (HSI/Video) service.
- Install Central Office and B-box junctions as required for broadband continuity, digital subscriber carriers and associated broadband equipment, such as DSLAMS (Digital subscriber line access multiplexer), Residential Gateways and HSI (High-Speed Interface) business class routers.
- Install an array of wireless home networking equipment. Other equipment will include FTTH (Fiber to the House).
- Requires the ability to use and understand automated Dispatch equipment (i.e. hand-held terminals), read and understand broadband service orders and trouble tickets, and the use of appropriate broadband test equipment.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the business to include; advances in technology, new skills and procedures, as well as participation in the company lead generation program through the promotion and sale of additional Frontier products and services during each customer contact.
- Communicate effectively and accurately on customer issues to eliminate repeat trouble calls.
- Mentor co-workers to expand knowledge, be self-motivated and display the ability to follow through on assignments in a timely manner.
- Effectively use preventive maintenance program by rebuilding aerial/buried/underground cables.
- Read and interpret Outside Plant drawings.
- Navigate web, set up Business/Residential computer(s) and demonstrate applications to customer.
- Effectively use Frontier's internal programs and dispatch program to complete assignments.
- Support install and repair company products and services.
- Fully understand and adhere to the 5-Step Peace of Mind Service Process.
- Responsible for promoting and selling the company's products and services and participate in the company's sales referral programs during their working hours.
- Understand and demonstrate basic telephone/broadband technology. Utilize test equipment to install products and isolate trouble effectively.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in telecommunications installation and maintenance
- Basic keyboard and software skills
- Must complete pole climbing certification, for which an individual cannot exceed 275 lbs.; fully clothed and with proper footwear
- Must complete company provided training and demonstrate ability to complete full installs
- Ability to work independently and desire to work ‘face-to-face' with customer
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions and in isolated or confined spaces
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record; CDL preferred
- Must be available for flexible scheduling, holidays, after hours and call-outs
- TESTS: Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy
Climbing poles and ladders; frequent lifting of up to 75 pounds; pushing, reaching, bending and stooping; manual dexterity; good sense of balance; ability to sit or stand for long periods and good color vision.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Cable Locator
- Hand Tools
- Hand Held Terminal
- Various Test Equipment
- 4 Tel Test System
- Laptop Computer
- Splicing Equipment
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website