Sr. Technical Analyst (API) - Job
Frontier Communications is looking for a talented technical analyst to join our development team in designing and building the next generation of web APIs to deliver services to our subscribers.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Quickly learn the existing apis and begin enhancing them.
- Understand complex integration layers between Frontier systems
- Engage directly with users to gain understanding of business processes to improve application effectiveness.
- Attend daily SCRUM standup meetings and provide input on the design of the API product
- Serve as the bridge between the business team who create the API requirements, and the back-end development team who understand the back-end systems and data sources
- Provide input during requirement capture and user story creation
- Review API design with Product Owner and API engineering team then adjust as-needed
- Assist testing team in writing test-cases for the API
- Create API documentation for the developers who consume the API (API Security Guide, API Developer Guide, etc.)
- Assist Developer Support Team with defects during the testing phase
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in Telecommunications in a facility assignment and network provisioning role
- Excellent team player, eager to learn from others and to share skills with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write technical instructions
- Strong understanding of JSON format
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs
- Experience using API testing tools such as Postman, SOAPUI
- Investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to adapt quickly to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Able to manage projects, this includes interaction with internal/external customers.
- Resolve technical problems using a pragmatic approach based on the OSI model
Required Software Skills
- Office Tools: Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Operating Systems: Windows 7 and 10, Windows Server
- Languages: basic knowledge of at least one language
- Client/Web Skills: Basic HTML
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server
Desired Software Skills
- Databases: DB2
- Languages: C#, T-SQL
- Web Services: RESTful, SOAP, XML/JSON
- Source Control: Team Foundation Server or equivalent experience
- SDLC: Agile-Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall
The person should also possess the following traits
- Enjoy working with others in a team atmosphere
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Able to work with and refine loose business requirements
- Have a “customer-service first” orientation
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education/experience required
Bachelor's degree in Business, Process Improvement, Information Systems, Computer Science, Informatics, or related
Minimum 5+ years' experience in technical analysis or related field
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website