Manager, Applications Production Support - Job
Frontier Communications is seeking an Applications Production Support Manager to provide hands-on management and guidance for the Development team working in multiple locations. The position requires knowledge and expertise in application design and development along with proven production support abilities. This position requires strong leadership, business analysis and technical skills to build, deliver and maintain multiple mission critical applications.
- Develop fundamental understanding of multiple business functions and related production systems to form a roadmap strategy for day-to-day support and small project requests.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand key challenges and facilitate issues resolution and bug assignments.
- Provide leadership to the team for work assignments, prioritization, and systems analysis.
- Coordinate with multiple departments and teams for billing and order update issues.
- Review and approve change requests completed by the team before implementation.
- Manage team performance and professional growth including technical competency, productivity, etc.
- Proactively communicate with business stakeholders, user community and executive leadership regarding status of projects, operations and issues.
- And any other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- Telecom or Cable experience is a huge plus.
- Experience leading development team is a must-have.
- Development experience with ability to get hands-on with code development.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 10+ years of industry or consulting IT experience
- 5+ years' experience managing a development team doing design, development and implementation of large scale applications.
- 10+ years of experiences with the IBMi platform, including DB2/400, RPG, Data Analysis, and Software Change Control.
- Proven experience with Jira and both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Keeping up with latest technology and application development industry development is a must.
- Strong Analytical skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels in the organization.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website