About the role:
This position is responsible for tracking new technology being developed, tested and deployed into the Frontier network. This position is required to manage a volume of work to meet customer commitments and company initiatives. This position works as a team member with Network Architecture, Network Planning, IT, Operations, and several other teams to support the growth and upgrades within the Frontier Network. This person will be responsible for leading many collaboration calls during different the phases of the process. Write technical documentation for new approved networks. This person will also research different equipment/vendors for our network.
What you'll do:
- Maintaining and updating projects, this includes equipment selection, systems integration, requirement specifications, and requirement gathering.
- Work with architects as well as product and marketing teams to ensure we have all the requirements upfront.
- Work with industry leading vendors on requirements needed for Frontier.
- Develop standards and best practices to onboard and deploy new equipment, products, software, etc.
- Write and manage documentation within Atlassian Confluence. This will be very technical, and process driven.
- Manage projects in JIRA. Maintaining accurate updates.
- Host conference calls and manage timelines for deployments.
- Communication with all peers and departments to ensure proper project planning and completion.
What you'll need:
- S. in Engineering or equivalent, or a minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience related to telecommunications.
- Must have a solid knowledge of telecommunications.
- Must be able to participate and lead project teams to achieve team objectives and goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills are very important in discussions and meetings with engineering team, regional managers, vendors, local supervisors, technicians, and various other team members.
- Must have detailed working knowledge of Adobe, Atlassian Confluence, Atlassian JIRA, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and other related company software.
- Project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects in various stages of activity.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website