This position is responsible for overseeing third-party labor providers employed by the company to complete facility-locate, drop, and installation/repair activity. This position will partner with numerous internal and external stakeholders to ensure contractor-produced work meets all company, federal, state, and local standards according to the terms and conditions of associated customer/supplier agreements.
Knowledge requirements include, but are not limited to:
- OSP standards and practices associated with facility-locate, drop, and installation/repair activity.
- OSP planning, engineering, construction, and installation principles and procedures.
- Vendor contracts and associated terms and conditions.
- Vendor sourcing procedures.
- Target pricing for vendor-provided activity.
- Vendor performance-management procedures.
- Federal, state, local, and company operational and safety standards.
- Permitting requirements - including work zone protection and traffic control plans.
- State One-Call-Center (811) underground facility locating guidelines across all states in the Frontier footprint.
- Company work assignment and invoicing systems, e.g., Varasset, VX Field, SWC, Dig-Alert, Utilisphere.
Skill requirements include, but are not limited to:
- New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date with the company (or have been granted a religious or medical exemption accommodation.
- Minimum 5 years of combined Outside Plant Operations or Construction experience.
- Partnering with and managing third-party providers.
- Project scheduling, updating, and due-date management.
- Project inspections via on-site and remote technology.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering designs and company record maps.
- Material inventory management.
- Invoice, time sheet, and payment review and audits.
- Company facility records updates.
- Plant Damage investigation and reporting.
- Collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders including: Customer Operations, Outside Plant Construction and Engineering, Dispatch Resource Center, National Support Group, Logistics, Finance, Contract Administration, Corporate Sourcing, vendors, and federal, state, and local governing agencies.
- Ability to work outdoors, extended driving, and lifting/carrying of moderately heavy objects.
- Ability to work overtime, be on call for nights and weekends and work as required to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Possession of valid driver license.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website