About this role:
The Network Operations Department is seeking an experienced NOC III Specialist.
The NOC III Specialist will be responsible for hands-on Netcool development as well as providing operational support for the IBM Tivoli Netcool suite ensuring high system availability. The ideal candidate should have experience with administering and maintaining an enterprise level monitoring and automation software platform as well as a focus on predictive analytics. The selected candidate will be expected to work in a team environment developing and maintaining a multi-tiered solution.
What you'll do:
- Designing and implementing automation and triggers within enterprise level monitoring systems.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting with Network Monitoring systems, preferably IBM Netcool NOI and WEX
- Work with process owners and business analysts to understand the challenges that face NOCs with their handling of Network and application incidents that are derived from monitoring.
- Recommend viable solutions towards improving the effectiveness of the platform.
- Provide input into business peers to better Netcool customer monitoring.
- Provide and contributes solution designs to support projects and enhancements including but not limited to equipment onboarding, MIB structure implementation, probe configuration and metric analytics.
- Perform the software development lifecycle including maintenance of Netcool modules
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule to ensure 24x7 support of the Netcool environment.
What you'll need:
- Competency with tools, dashboards, filters and views development for network monitoring GUIs.
- Experience with Unix Operating Systems such as Linux, Unix Shell Scripting and Perl or Python Scripting is a plus.
- Experience with SNMP logic and process with a focus on MIB and OID structure required.
- IMB NOI experience preferred
- Solid knowledge and understanding of telephony network
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- 401k - Full-time and part-time regular employees' eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance included with your Frontier employment with an opportunity to add more!
We are deeply committed to attracting talented team members in the US from all backgrounds regardless of race, age, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or nationality. However, at this time, we are not sponsoring any Visas.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website