Mission: To design and manage a standard and reliable transport network that supports current and future products and services for our customers.
Position Summary: The main responsibility of the Network Engineer for this posting is to understand and design network elements providing transport services within the Frontier network. As such they will be required to interface with multiple groups and collaborate on intra- and inter-state designs for implementation. They will be expected to write projects implementing a solution and have a working knowledge of the equipment used to provide answers to questions regarding installation and function of the equipment when being placed in-service. They will also be required to understand circuit design and routing through this equipment and will be expected to understand and work in the systems used for this purpose (M6-Varasset).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Detail network design elements
- Order creation and processing
- Issue project to maintain port capacity Metro-E
- Issue Congestion Relief projects to minimize customer impact
- Support M6 COEREV and COEBLD queues
- Ensure Architecture and Planning standards are adhered to
- Issue work orders to support:
- NGB/BRAS migrations of DSLAMs
- OLT migrations
- BPON to GPON grooming
- Metro-Ethernet design and terminology
- DWDM and ROADM networks
- SONET Networks
- Ethernet NIDs
- Operations in a telecommunications environment
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills (written and verbal) and computer skills particularly around Microsoft Office products.
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent is desirable or a minimum of 2 years of experience in a data or circuit related position.
- Must be able to demonstrate technical knowledge of data and circuit equipment.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website