IT Security Engineer - Job
Tier 2 Engineer, Security Operations and Response will be responsible for assessing escalated cybersecurity events and incidents across the enterprise. The Engineer will work among a team of skilled cybersecurity professionals to address complex and challenging problems as needed within a 24x7 Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC) environment. Additionally, the Engineer will be responsible for updating processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvement in monitoring, detection, and containment capabilities. The Engineer will be encouraged to specialize and improve their skills to strengthen the overall CSOC capability. This is an exciting opportunity to do something special and help Frontier defend the enterprise. Be a part of an important mission protecting critical network infrastructure and grow your cybersecurity career with a forward-thinking organization.
- Prioritize, investigate, and triage escalated security events.
- Monitor and react to DDoS and other external attacks against internet-facing services.
- Initiate the Incident Response plan as necessary.
- Perform security dashboard reviews to maintain awareness of the environment.
- Review state of security data feeds.
- Review Threat Intelligence data.
- Assist with Incident Response as necessary.
- Participate in active threat hunting initiatives.
- Assist in the performance tuning of security tools.
- Continually train and develop skills to stay current with the modern threat environment.
- Communicate CSOC status and findings to Leadership.
- Assist and mentor junior CSOC Analysts.
Experience and Requirements:
- 3 years of experience in a cybersecurity operations environment or 5 years in Information Security.
- Sound knowledge of Cyber Kill Chain, Incident Response processes, and attacker methodologies.
- Sound knowledge of network and operating system technologies.
- Experience with SIEM, DDoS, IDS, EDR, or other network monitoring technologies preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Ability to work within a team-oriented CSOC environment and lead as necessary.
- Willing to work nights and/or weekends on a shift-based schedule in a 24/7 CSOC environment.
- At least one of the following security certifications is preferred: CISSP, CompTIA CySA+, SANS GIAC GCIH, GCIA, GMON, GCED.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website