IT Manager - Application Transformation & Modernization. Job .
Frontier is embarking on a very exciting transformation effort. This transformation encompasses all aspects of our business. This is a very exciting time to join Frontier.
The transformation includes
- Enterprise Wide Adoption of Agile – Scrum
- Expand Use of Cloud Enabled Architecture
- Massive Capital Investment to lay Fiber.
- Upgrade, Replace and Modernize our Applications
This development manager will be responsible for providing technical direction and leadership to a team of 6 to 10 individuals in the area of application development. The manager will be responsible for overseeing all stages of the SDLC to deliver solutions that result in Managing our Network Inventory Management Application. This position will also manage a program that is migrating the existing application that resides on an AS/400-DB2 to a new modern architecture. This position will require exceptional business and technical acumen to understand our objectives and successfully lead architecture, design, and development efforts.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee development on the team with overall responsibility for underlying architecture of the code base.
- Responsible for code reviews, standards governance and interface between Project Management Office (PMO), Business Stakeholders, and the development teams.
- Advise senior leadership, business stakeholders, and application developers on requirements, design, and development for the platform. The expectation is that the manager will be responsible for overall solution delivery to business stakeholders. This includes managing the software lifecycle for project, scope, and budget.
- Participate in the Architecture Definition as the New Modernization effort evolves.
- Partner with Product Owners to define and implement our strategic roadmaps.
- Lead Design and Delivery Planning and Execution in support of the Platform Modernization Program.
- Quickly learn Frontier's business processes surrounding network inventory, network provisioning, service qualification, and facility assignment
- Provide support for Frontier's core applications through analysis, design, and development
- Obtain a deep understanding of Frontier's order entry, billing, and inventory system so that you can architect, design, and develop long term strategic solutions to our most critical initiatives
- Implement modern best practices for development on the platforms.
- Transform our current development stands and practices to utilize modern techniques.
- Able to troubleshoot complex problems involving multiple teams.
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, attend and contribute to internal technical meetings, and assist in mentoring and training of other technical resources in the department.
- Successful candidate will have high standards for service to users/customers and be team oriented.
- Language/Framework: RPG (IV/ILE Free), SQL, .Net, Java
- Databases: DB2, MS-SQL, Oracle
- Source Control: Turnover, Aldon, Git or equivalent for change management software
- SDLC: Agile-Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall
- Toolsets (experience with one or more): Atlassian(Jira and Wiki)
- Query SQL Tools
- Experience Managing Cloud and On-Prem Applications.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline or 4 years of experience
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal presentation, and organizational communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
Desired Job Knowledge
- Telecommunications or Cable Operator background
- Previous work as a project manager and application developer
Desired Work Traits & Skills
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications business processes and network topologies
- Expert on outside plant facilities and central office equipment
- In-depth knowledge of network provisioning, and advanced technical support functions
- Ability to lead a team of people
- Ability to teach experienced developer's different methodologies
- Ability to mentor junior developers
- Ability to work within a team of people
- Ability to communicate succinctly in writing and orally with upper management, developers, project managers, and other parts of the business
- Ability to participate in the shaping of the team's focus and vision
- Some travel may be required to coordinate with teams across the country.
- This is a Work at Home Position with periodic in-person collaboration.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website