About this role:
The person in this position is responsible for managing Grants coming from Federal, State, and Municipalities. This role functions in a fast-paced, demanding environment to ensure engineering-services objectives and internal support is garnered. This position will develop and submit recommendation details for new grant applications. This position will also partner with Engineering and Construction as a program management office to build each project based on what is outlined in the Grant. This position requires the ability to travel 25 percent of the time to various project locations and manage a remote team of analysts and project managers across the Frontier footprint.
What you'll do:
- Provide appropriate, consistent, and timely communication with internal and external customers, including purchasing, contracts, regional engineering, marketing, operations, and general engineering contractors as required.
- Proactively plan, troubleshoot, and communicate to help ensure engineering services projects are in scope for potential grant-funded advertisements.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential delays, and devise contingency plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- Build, develop, and grow federal, state, and local agency relationships vital to the success of the project
- Manage budgets for grant-funded projects, requisitions, and invoice allocation.
- Engineering Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- At least 7+ years of telecommunications experience
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, and project management tools
- Working knowledge of grant regulations and protocol for grant-funded projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and time-management skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to accurately express engineering terminology in written and oral communications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced field environment and to handle deadlines
- Ability to travel 25% percent of the time to various project locations
- Ability to communicate effectively with regions and engineering services senior management teams, employees, customers, railroads, regulatory agency officials, and the general public
- Engineering and project management preferred
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- 401k - Full-time and part-time regular employees' eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance included with your Frontier employment with an opportunity to add more!
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website