Position Title: Customer Service Tech I
Internal Posting: 10/5/21 to 10/12/21
Internal Repost: 10/11/21 to 10/18/21 (Please Note: If you already applied to this opening, there is no need to reapply)
Union Local: CWA 9586/4
Location: 900 N. Idaho, La Habra, CA
Number of positions: 1
Note: *ONLY FIRST & SECOND CONSIDERATIONS WILL BE USED TO FILL THIS POSITION
Perform service order, provisioning, repair and maintenance activities in Stored Program
Control (SPC) central office equipment, adjunct devices (e.g., VoiceMail, etc.), inter-office trunking and terminating facilities, network plant facilities, and on customer premises, including customer provided equipment and wiring. This activity includes, but is not limited to, network clocking equipment, special services circuits, advanced data circuits, fiber and radio terminals and facilities, microwave equipment, video equipment and facilities, span lines, network facilities, company or customer-provided multi-line key and/or switchboard (PBX/PABX) components, database, and other specialized communications equipment such as station equipment, internal communications systems and teletypewriters. Perform power and noise mitigation functions. Perform service order, repair and maintenance activity on E911 systems, including network and PSAP equipment. Order work supplies via standard ordering procedures. Complete customer contact and sales effort in accordance with company policies. Perform such work under minimum supervision. Operate company vehicles as required.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Access standard work delivery systems or processes (e.g., AWAS, CO AWAS, SITES, etc.) via handheld, laptop or PC terminals.
- Read and interpret service orders, repair reports, circuit diagrams, work orders and blueprints.
- Follow company standard policies, practices and/or procedures in performing service order, repair or maintenance activities.
- Install, rearrange, change, remove, repair or maintain central office, interoffice, network, or customer premises equipment and/or wiring. Use appropriate tools and test equipment in the provisioning, repair, or maintenance of assigned work. Verify trouble-free continuity on all completed work using appropriate test equipment.
- Handle and climb ladders and poles, crawl under dwellings, work in attics, underground and other confined areas to install, adjust, or remove equipment or wiring using a variety of manual and motorized hand tools.
- Work with customers to advise of work in progress or completed, evaluate and suggest how to improve service, and make a sales effort with all customers for network services or products where appropriate. This involves using tact and persuasion to influence the actions and attitudes of customers.
- Make notations on source documentation (i.e., service orders, repair reports, work orders, etc.) via AWAS, CO AWAS or other work delivery system interface to indicate work completed, time worked, and changes from the original request or assignment. Update any impacted records system as appropriate (e.g., MARK, ICGS, etc.). Complete all required billing notations for proper customer billing.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Tests– Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- Experience– Management will designate the experience level required for each vacancy*
- First consideration will be given to an individual who in the last 10 years has successfully held the position of Customer Service Technician I, Senior Technician – Business/Government, Equipment Installer, Equipment Maintainer, Special Equipment Installer and Senior Special Services Provisioning Technician or who possesses the equivalent experience (i.e., other telecommunications company experience).
- Second consideration will be given to an individual who in the last 10 years has successfully held the position of Cable Splicer, Customer Engineer-Data Applications, Customer Service Technician II, Fiber Network Field Technician, Frame Worker, Internal Communications Technician, Senior Communications Specialist or who possesses the equivalent experience (i.e., other telecommunications company experience).
- Third consideration will be given to an individual who in the last ten years has successfully held the position of Customer Service Technician III or who possess the equivalent experience (i.e. other telecommunications company experience).
- If there are no individuals who meet the criteria outlined above, consideration will be given to all other individuals.
- Employees are required to climb ladders and work at heights and may be required to handle ladders weighing up to 90 pounds and to climb poles.
- Must possess, at time of appointment, a valid California class “C” driver's license and if, required at the assigned job site, must demonstrate proficiency in the operation of a vehicle equipped with standard (manual shift) transmission.
- Legally required Criminal Records Check – Employee will be required to be fingerprinted and pass the Department of Justice criminal records screening process in order to ensure that the employee has never been convicted of, and is not the defendant in a pending criminal proceeding with respect to an arrest for, any “serious” or “violent” felony (as defined in the California Education and Penal Codes). The Department of Justice will continuously monitor the employee's criminal record while the employee is employed in this position, and the employee shall be required to pass such continuous screening in order to retain this position.
- Must possess the ability to perceive difference in colors.
- Must possess the ability to distinguish audible tones/levels.
*ONLY FIRST & SECOND CONSIDERATIONS WILL BE USED TO FILL THIS POSITION
This will be a Primary Inside and Outside Central Office and Field Special Services position in Support of Install and Maintenance of Special Services and Central Office Maintenance.
As with all technician positions, there may be the need to work off-shift and weekends along with Overtime. Work tours are based on seniority. Must be willing to work nights and weekends, emergency call-outs and overtime as needed.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website