Agile Sr Technical Analyst - Job
Frontier communications is seeking a strong, experienced Agile Sr Technical Analyst with good experience working on analytical projects (dashboards, business intelligence, data analytics), solid business analysis skills (requirements gathering, driving discussions with the business, etc...) and project management skills.
The person who applies for this position should have a unique blend of soft skills, analytical skills, technical skills and agility. He or she is proactive, dependency-aware and can transition seamlessly between a holistic, enterprise perspective and a critical attention to detail. The ideal candidate will quickly acquire an in-depth understanding of the business units served and the products it offers and can facilitate the negotiation between stakeholders and the development team about what to build, while instilling a keen sense of urgency in that delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the business in the development of initial requests for IT services through the IT intake process, including establishment of business justification and ROI. Develops and maintains knowledge of customer's business and data needs.
- Establish a requirements management strategy for the project, which describes; process for elicitation, documentation standards and format, tools, meeting cadence, backlog grooming process, review & approval process, change process, and communications processes.
- Elicit functional and non-functional requirements and document in the form of epics, stories, wireframes, business rules, and acceptance criteria.
- Develop use cases and process flows and ensure documentation conforms to SLC/PMO standards.
- Utilizes understanding of data systems & objects as well as SQL to perform data validations against a variety of data warehouses
- Facilitate the ongoing backlog grooming process, supporting the Product Owner to define value, priority, and select scope for upcoming releases and sprints.
- Collaborate with Product Owner, Business Users, and Technical Team to write and elaborate user stories to include acceptance criteria and business rules per the team's “Definition of Ready”
- Ensure stories meet quality criteria; for example: unambiguous, complete, consistent, deterministic, and testable.
- Ensure stories are "Ready" for upcoming sprints.
- Facilitate the review of stories with team during sprint planning ceremonies to ensure the team has a common understanding of the user story and acceptance criteria.
- Analyze new requests from stakeholders and determine if the request is a defect, new story, a modification to an existing story, or already covered in an existing story. Update the backlog and stories as appropriate.
- Maintain an overall view and perspective on the “big picture” and understanding how the parts of the project fit together to provide the overall solution.
- Supports Developers and Data Modelers through the project lifecycle.
- Works with QA to develop and execute test plans based on appropriate coverage for the functionality being delivered.
- Clarify questions/defects during testing process to ensure project requirements are met: Identify and assess potential scope creep.
- Obtain written approval of final requirements from all stakeholders.
- Follow requirements change request process, updating and distributing revised documents for stakeholder review and approval. Validate and work with Project Manager on changes affecting deliverable/project cost or schedule.
- Suggests areas for improvement in business internal processes along with potential solutions.
- Able to lead multiple small/medium projects where no Project Manager is assigned. Performs as a Project Coordinator to assist a Project Manager on large projects.
- Works under general supervision and follows standard PMO procedures and practices.
- Identifies and recommends changes to improve PMO processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of related experience as IT or Business Analysis that includes researching, testing, documenting and/or maintaining applications or using applications in a business setting
- 5+ years of Industry experience in a report development, data science, data mapping, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- Strong understanding of data and ETL architectures
- Experience working on Agile
- Experience as a scrum master would be a plus
- Skilled in various business analysis techniques including; feature decomposition, context diagrams, stakeholder analysis, state diagrams, wireframes, functional requirements, non-functional requirements, use cases, business process definition, user stories, and backlog management.
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certification a plus
- Business Analysis Certification from IIBA or PMI a plus
- Experience with Agile management tools a plus (e.g. Jira)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior IT Business Analysis experience or experience as a user of IT applications with specific business knowledge within Finance or other Enterprise Application Support systems is desirable
- Prior experience with software delivery, project management, requirements gathering desired.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website