Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it's our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right' promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we're not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we're creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we're here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day' business casual environment
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines' non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right' to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier's hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company's signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration's 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry's most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Technical Operations Safety Management System (SMS) Manager is responsible for ensuring the program meets established regulatory and company guidelines and the measurements for effectiveness are developed and tracked. Other program responsibilities include providing oversight for the content and quality of department risk assessments and developing program strategy and milestones for continual evolution of the program within the organization. The SMS Manager will be the key subject matter expert (SME) for SMS related policy language in the GMM and other interfacing manuals. Responsible to ensure the program meets established corporate SMS policy.
- Manage development and implementation of SMS in accordance with guidance contained in 14 CFR Part 5 and Advisory Circular (AC) 120-92B
- Continue developing SMS into Tech Ops by identifying opportunities to build risk assessments and other SMS tools and requirements into daily processes
- Perform risk assessment quality reviews and provide effective feedback to others in the department for continuous improvement
- Manages tracking of safety recommendations, hazards, risks, findings, corrective actions, contributing factors, and root cause analysis to ensure accuracy, reporting and follow-up as necessary
- Validate Safety Assessments and Root Cause Analysis
- Ensure that SMS-related documentation and records are available and up to date
- Manages, develops and coordinates change management, risk assessments and safety analysis within the SMS
- Responsible to keep Technical Operations Leadership aware of hazards and risks within the operation
- Responsible for promotion of SMS and SMS culture within Technical Operations
- Initiate corrective actions when necessary
- Interfaces with Safety department by representing Technical Operations
- Responsible for ensuring Technical Operations Employees are current with required SMS Training
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with Employees, Leaders and Executive Leaders
- Assist in ensuring that department personnel, including this position, are properly trained, qualified and current to perform their assigned tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Preferred (5 +) years aircraft maintenance and or engineering experience
- Preferred (3) years of project management experience
- Preferred (2 +) years of SMS experience
- Required – FAA Safety Management Experience
- Preferred – FAA A&P license
- Preferred – College degree in Aviation or Aviation Safety
- Must demonstrate behavior that portrays the Company core values of Safety, Respect, Trust, Collaboration, Value, and Passion while communicating with personnel and acting on behalf of the Company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must work well under tight time constraints in a dynamic environment to accomplish assignments and projects
- Must have the ability to keep a Team motivated and focused, working effectively and efficiently through others
- Must be able to communicate effectively and present issues and solutions to all levels of leadership
- Must possess excellent organizational and prioritization skills and have the ability to manage multiple activities and projects simultaneously
- Must have a basic knowledge working knowledge of aircraft systems and operating principles
- Must have basic knowledge of 14 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) parts 5 and 119, Advisory Circular 120-92B, FAA Order 8900.1, Volume 17, chapters 1-3
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Apply on company website