Are you detail-oriented? Are you organized and efficient? Do you work well within a variety of settings and systems? Are you inquisitive? Do you like to learn? Are you willing to learn merchandise planning? If so this may be great opportunity for you.
As an assistant planner you will be an integral part of a category team by learning how to forecast product sales and trends at an item level while maintaining top line demand and margin goals for your category. Additionally, you will be responsible for translating that sales forecast into purchase orders that achieve turn and end of year inventory goals. Assistant planners are also responsible for developing skills to analyze their business and make recommendations that can minimize inventory risks and increase category performance.
- Strategic thinker, creative problem solver
- Excellent communication and analytical aptitude
- Dynamic high energy individual who can work independently across levels and job functions
- Displays a high attention to detail
- Can-do attitude
- Owns majority of PO creation and managing within open-to-buy of your team's category and overall brand
- Assist with identifying and executing PO shifts/adds/cancels to maximize fill rate and turn goals
- Backup for PO Coordinator, will need to learn and have an understanding of daily needs that keep the business running smoothly
- Support Planning team (as assigned) with tops down and bottoms up fiscal demand forecasting and inventory planning
- Aid with pre-season sales and margin planning by sub-category
- Create/maintain weekly sales and inventory reporting for the category
- Partner with Sr. Planner to analyze and aid in identifying potential markdowns and see them through approval and execution
- Help with SKU rationalization by analyzing sales/assortment performance and make recommendations for keeping or dropping.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects with tight deadlines
- Strong technical aptitude including the ability to quickly master new applications and systems (Excel included).
- A BA/BS degree is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Apply on company website