If you're someone who wants to make a difference and is passionate about the impact healthy eating has on people's lives, join us as we continue our mission of offering real, fresh and organic food at affordable prices all across the Midwest. If you agree and get excited about the idea of engaging and guiding our customers on a journey to total wellness, thru delicious, fresh food, we'd like to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of our team!
.Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Store Director is responsible for all aspects of store operations and planning, including; events, weekly sales flyers, execution and evaluation to ensure maximum sales, effective cost control, and efficient utilization of labor. They are accountable for ensuring a positive shopping experience for customers and a positive working environment for employees. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Works with all departments to ensure and maintain appropriate functioning of entire store operations.
· Prepares weekly sales/labor projections, executes to plan, and consistently achieves budgeted payroll percentage.
· Oversees department managers to ensure they are held accountable for the conditions of their department; includes monitoring their hiring practices, scheduling techniques, and their ability to keep labor costs at or below budgeted payroll; ensures staff is trained on all policies and procedures.
· Hires, develops, evaluates, and supervises Department Managers and staff.
· Accounts for the Department Managers' weekly schedules to be at or below the budgeted payroll percentage for the store.
· Manages store financials and demonstrates full comprehension of the Profit & Loss (P&L) Statement.
· Analyzes company financial statements and use them in the daily operation of business.
· Maintains store sanitation and cleanliness in accordance with local laws and best practices.
· Maintains a safe work environment for employees, vendors and customers.
· Monitors cash management for the store including approving all store expenses before they occur.
· Initiates weekly communications with the support department directors to ensure exchange of business information such as vendor and/or product issues.
· Ensures all store expenses have received appropriate approval before entry.
· Ensures monthly inventory counts, all deadlines are achieved, and store is “inventory ready”.
· Monitors and addresses customer issues, personnel situations, rewards and recognition, and policy violations.
· Coordinates all store events including executing weekly sales flyers merchandising plans, monthly inventories and all marketing promotions.
· Oversees the merchandising, loss prevention, and store appearance/conditions for their location.
· Anticipates highs and lows in the business and reacts accordingly to solve problems and/or adjust allocated labor.
· Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
· Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
· Must have a minimum of 6 years professional experience.
· Preferred 5-7 years grocery retail experience in overall store operations and merchandising processes and procedures.
· Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
· Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
· Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
· Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
· Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
· Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
· Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.
· Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
· Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
· Efficient planning and ability to execute for results.
· Demonstrates ability to improve staff performance through motivation, training and setting clear expectations.
· Must have the ability to analyze and create action plans for financial statements.
· Ability to adapt to the ever-changing retail environment while working in a cross-functional team.
· Takes initiative when problems arise and use independent judgment to take immediate corrective actions.
Job Function Analysis
· Sit Rarely 1–2 hours
· Stand Continuously 1–8 hours
· Walk Continuously 2–8 hours
· Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
· Balance Frequently 34–66%
· Bend Occasionally 1–33%
· Climb (2–6 ft) Occasionally 1–33%
· Crawl Occasionally 1–33%
· Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1–33%
· Kneel Occasionally 1–33%
· Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34–66%
· Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1–33%
· 0–10 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
· 11–25 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
· 26–50 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
· 51–100 lbs. Never 0%
Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34–66%
Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1–33%
Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1–33%
Lower extremities Never 0%
Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and exhaust fans.
Apply on company website