If you're someone who wants to make a difference and is passionate about the impact healthy eating has on people's lives, join us as we continue our mission of offering real, fresh and organic food at affordable prices all across the Midwest. If you agree and get excited about the idea of engaging and guiding our customers on a journey to total wellness, thru delicious, fresh food, we'd like to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of our team!
.The Staff Accountant is responsible for analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Assists in creating the 2nd generation of the Fresh Thyme Farmers Market Financial Model.
· Assists in the monthly close cycle.
· Designs, develops, and utilizes financial models.
· Prepares financial and business-related analysis and research.
· Compiles and prepares reports, graphs, and charts of data.
· Evaluates data, identifies patterns, and formulates predictions to make recommendations and improve operational performance.
· Analyzes, consolidates, and reviews budgets.
· Prepares profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
· Maintains the implementation of accounting control procedures.
· Resolves accounting discrepancies.
· Interacts with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
· Performs special projects.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in business or accounting related field preferred.
· Construction accounting experience preferred
· Preferred 2 years professional experience in Finance department processes and procedures.
· Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· Knowledge of Federal and State financial regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
· Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high-volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
· Must have the capacity to take initiative for making appropriate decisions and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
· Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for maintaining effective business relationships with peers, senior management, customers, and vendors.
· Must have advanced knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
· Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.
· Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
Apply on company website