If you're someone who wants to make a difference and is passionate about the impact healthy eating has on people's lives, join us as we continue our mission of offering real, fresh and organic food at affordable prices all across the Midwest. If you agree and get excited about the idea of engaging and guiding our customers on a journey to total wellness, thru delicious, fresh food, we'd like to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of our team!
.Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been growing at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Meat & Seafood Clerk is responsible for keeping all store meat cases stocked and clean during business hours. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Meat Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Ensures cleanliness of meat and seafood cases, storage area, and work area for sanitation and safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
· Stocks meat and seafood cases; includes presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Meat Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy.
· Examines the rotation of all meat and seafood products paying particular attention to expired stock.
· Responds positively to customer's inquiries and assists customers with purchases, information and product selection while working the meat counter; requires selling and cross selling of products.
· Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality.
· Monitors the point of purchase signs; ensures a variety of recipe cards, product coupons, promotional material, and information on complimentary foods.
· Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
· Monitors that proper temperatures are being maintained at all stages during the production of meat and seafood items.
· Prepares various meat and seafood products; includes using the appropriate ingredients and proper cooking times for product being made.
· Maintains the organization, stacking, and rotating of all meat products in the cooler and freezer.
· Uses knowledge of scales, weight measures, and tares to accurately weigh and label meat products; includes packaging and wrapping products and following the proper dating procedures.
· Maintains proper safety practices and care while using all the cutting accessories available in the meat department; complies with the use of mesh gloves while using a knife.
· Participates in pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock and assuring tags match products.
· Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
· Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalency degree.
· Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Meat department processes and procedures.
· Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
· Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
· Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
· Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
· Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
· Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
· Must be able to support and contribute to team goals
· Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
· Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
· Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
· Must have skills working with knives, tenderizers, grinders, and general meat machinery.
· Must have expert packaging and wrapping skills.
· Ability to cut and weigh various amounts of meat and seafood.
· Understands COOL compliance for seafood products; what country the various products are coming from.
Job Function Analysis
· Sit Rarely 1–2 hours
· Stand Continuously 1–8 hours
· Walk Continuously 2–8 hours
· Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
· Balance Frequently 34–66%
· Bend Occasionally 1–33%
· Climb (2–6 ft) Occasionally 1–33%
· Crawl Occasionally 1–33%
· Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1–33%
· Kneel Occasionally 1–33%
· Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34–66%
· Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1–33%
· 0–10 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
· 11–25 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
· 26–50 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
· 51–100 lbs. Never 0%
Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34–66%
Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1–33%
Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1–33%
Lower extremities Never 0%
Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and exhaust fans.
Apply on company website