If you're someone who wants to make a difference and is passionate about the impact healthy eating has on people's lives, join us as we continue our mission of offering real, fresh and organic food at affordable prices all across the Midwest. If you agree and get excited about the idea of engaging and guiding our customers on a journey to total wellness, thru delicious, fresh food, we'd like to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of our team!
.Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Produce Clerk is responsible for keeping the Produce Department stocked and clean during business hours, and ensuring the juice bar and cut fruit are prepared and well-stocked for our customers. S/he must assist in safely cutting and preparing fruits and vegetables while demonstrating proper use of quality product. S/he must be familiar and very helpful and knowledgeable of nutrition, diet trends, vegan/vegetarian and store products. Required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Produce Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Ensures cleanliness of the Produce Department and Juice Bar work areas for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
-Stocks produce and juice bar areas; includes presentation and rotation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Produce Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy.
· Perform produce duties such as safely cutting, packaging wrapping, juicing, bottling/packaging (dated/labeled) and clean-up of product and equipment used.
· Clean and sanitize work areas, utensils, equipment, service stations and eating area.
· Responds positively to customer's inquiries and assists customers with purchases, information and product selection; requires selling and cross selling of products.
-Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality.
· Monitors the point of purchase signs; ensures a variety of recipe cards, product coupons, promotional material, and information on complimentary foods.
· Uses knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately weigh and label products.
· Participates in pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock and assuring tags match products.
· Must possess the knowledge and training of how to effectively handle a knife for the purpose of cutting and maximizing the use of produce products.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalency degree.
· Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience
· Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
· Possesses a current Food Handler Certificate a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
· Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail environment while working as a cross-functional team
· Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
· Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
· Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
· Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
· Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
· Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
· Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
· Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
· Must understand proper handling, preparation, seasonality, and appropriate shelf life of products.
Job Function Analysis
· Sit Rarely 1–2 hours
· Stand Continuously 1–8 hours
· Walk Continuously 2–8 hours
· Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
· Balance Frequently 34–66%
· Bend Occasionally 1–33%
· Climb (2–6 ft) Occasionally 1–50%
· Crawl Occasionally 1–33%
· Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1–33%
· Kneel Occasionally 1–33%
· Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34–66%
· Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1–33%
· 0–10 lbs. Occasionally 1–50%
· 11–25 lbs. Occasionally 1–25%
· 26–50 lbs. Occasionally 1–15%
· 51–100 lbs. Never 0%
Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34–66%
Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1–33%
Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1–33%
Lower extremities Never 0%
Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and exhaust fans.
Apply on company website