If you're someone who wants to make a difference and is passionate about the impact healthy eating has on people's lives, join us as we continue our mission of offering real, fresh and organic food at affordable prices all across the Midwest. If you agree and get excited about the idea of engaging and guiding our customers on a journey to total wellness, thru delicious, fresh food, we'd like to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of our team!
.Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Bakery Supervisor is responsible for supervising all aspects of the Bakery Department. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Food Service Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Assists in monitoring and controlling all costs and expenses; includes maintaining proper ordering and inventory control, ensuring proper weighing procedures, controlling shrink, and monitoring ad displays.
· Ensures cleanliness of bakery aisles, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
· Stocks bakery department; includes presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Food Service Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy.
· Examines the rotation of all bakery products paying particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or spoiled items.
· Responds positively to customer's inquiries and assists customers with purchases, information and product selection; requires selling and cross selling of products.
· Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality.
· Builds and maintains product displays as directed and coordinates monthly promotion change-overs.
· Participates in monthly pre-inventory preparation.
· Maintains organization and tracking of all departmental paperwork including inventory control sheets, orders to be filled and accuracy of placed/received orders.
· Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
· Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
· Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalency degree.
· Must have a minimum of 2 years professional experience.
· Preferred 2-3 years grocery retail experience in Bakery department processes and procedures.
· Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
· Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
· Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
· Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
· Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
· Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
· Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.
· Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
· Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
· Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
· Knowledge of the baking cycle and baking terminology.
· Must have skills working with knives and a bread slicing machine.
Job Function Analysis
· Sit Rarely 1–2 hours
· Stand Continuously 1–8 hours
· Walk Continuously 2–8 hours
· Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
· Balance Frequently 34–66%
· Bend Occasionally 1–33%
· Climb (2–6 ft) Occasionally 1–33%
· Crawl Occasionally 1–33%
· Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1–33%
· Kneel Occasionally 1–33%
· Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34–66%
· Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1–33%
· 0–10 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
· 11–25 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
· 26–50 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
· 51–100 lbs. Never 0%
Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34–66%
Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1–33%
Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1–33%
Lower extremities Never 0%
Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and exhaust fans.
Apply on company website