If you're someone who wants to make a difference and is passionate about the impact healthy eating has on people's lives, join us as we continue our mission of offering real, fresh and organic food at affordable prices all across the Midwest. If you agree and get excited about the idea of engaging and guiding our customers on a journey to total wellness, thru delicious, fresh food, we'd like to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of our team!
.Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
This role is for our new Market Format concept store opening at the City Foundry in St. Louis.
The Assistant Store Director is responsible for engaging employees and leadership to provide the best possible shopping experience for customers. Assessing the financial results of the store, implementing and executing appropriate business strategies to drive store profitability and results. Upholding the cultural standards and values via open, clear and effective communication. Identifying, selecting, developing, and promoting talent within the store.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates P&L budgeted goals, designing and implementing labor and margin plans for the store's departments.
- Reviews sales, supply costs, and stock loss/shrink results; planning and developing goals to improve profitability and bottom line results.
- Designs department merchandise plans including (but not limited to) product ordering, weekly/seasonal assortments, lifts, displays & pricing.
- Leads all performance management activities for hourly leaders and employees; making decisions on pay increases, performance ratings, career development and promotion ability.
- Identifies and works with local vendors to source local products; determining overall product planning requirements such as quantity, frequency and pricing.
- Responsible for making key employee decisions around hiring, investigations and discipline, and terminations.
- Leads training and development planning for all new employee orientations and on-the-job training.
- Supervises a minimum of one hourly leader and three employees during any given shift.
- Responsible for planning, writing, and communicating weekly department schedules based on business needs.
- Plans and leads store events, community relationship building and organizing employee involvement.
- Establishes standards for teams to follow to ensure product freshness.
- Responsible for daily communication with team, leading huddles to share financial performance, customer feedback, and changes to store.
- Drives candid and open communication among groups during team problem solving and change management activities.
- Plan change implementation inside store to stay current with competitive retail trends (pricing, etc.).
- Responsible for and leads all store operations a minimum of two-three times per week in absence of store manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4-5 years of retail/grocery experience.
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience.
- Provide industry leading service.
- Needs merchandising, team leading, ordering.
Apply on company website