If you're someone who wants to make a difference and is passionate about the impact healthy eating has on people's lives, join us as we continue our mission of offering real, fresh and organic food at affordable prices all across the Midwest. If you agree and get excited about the idea of engaging and guiding our customers on a journey to total wellness, thru delicious, fresh food, we'd like to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of our team!
.Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market.
Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market.
The purpose of the Custodian position is to maintain the cleanliness of the warehouse and surrounding facilities such as washrooms, exterior docks, break rooms and adjacent FTFM, FDA, and local applicable health and safety standards. Duties include emptying trash and recycle bins, sweeping and mopping of floors including use of a powered floor scrubber; operating balers for plastic and cardboard recycling, dusting offices, and application of industrial cleaners to sanitize wash rooms and other areas when needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain floor cleanliness by using brooms, mops, shop vac and floor scrubbers to remove dust, debris, spills and trash.
- Operate power jacks to maneuver products and pallets for deep cleaning of rack floors.
- Follow sanitation checklists, and work assignment orders for regular cleaning and supply maintenance of wash rooms, office dusting and various area cleaning needs; utilize various cleaning aids such as sponges, wash rags, squeegees, and towels to complete assignments.
- Follow Material Safety Data Sheets for proper use and storage of chemicals and cleaning materials; apply knowledge of chemical and cleaning products for safe use of materials including application and use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Perform pre-work inspection on all tools, materials and equipment.
- Follow all food safety and general safety policies.
- Empty waste and recycled bins to consolidate materials for removal or bundling.
- Identify areas in need of maintenance or cleaning based on visual inspection.
- May use snow shovel to clear walkways and maintain exterior dock cleanliness.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- General warehouse and office cleaning using appropriate supplies preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends when necessary.
- The employee must be able to communicate in English and possess basic math skills.
- Must have the ability to take initiative when problems arise.
- Knows and apply chemical and cleaner safety protocols for proper use and storage to avoid creating toxic or hazardous conditions.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending in a refrigerated environment.
- The ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Constant use of the upper extremities is needed to reach for, handle and use cleaning equipment, tools and supplies.
Apply on company website