If you're someone who wants to make a difference and is passionate about the impact healthy eating has on people's lives, join us as we continue our mission of offering real, fresh and organic food at affordable prices all across the Midwest. If you agree and get excited about the idea of engaging and guiding our customers on a journey to total wellness, thru delicious, fresh food, we'd like to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of our team!
.Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Front End Specialist is responsible for the efficient expedition of customer sales transactions at the front registers. Must maintain proper control of cash, ensure customer satisfaction, and safeguard company assets. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Front End Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Training, mentoring and coordinating Front End Trainers to ensure successful store openings.
· Design and implementation of POS layout and functionality.
· Authoring, training, and implementing Front End Policies and Procedures.
· Training and mentoring all Front End Managers, Cashiers, and Courtesy Clerks.
· Planning and conducting conference calls with all Front End Managers to maintain high customer service levels and accurate sales recording at all stores.
· Coordinating with pricing and IT to ensure accurate and complete POS functionality and sales recording.
· Authoring, implementing and training cash handing and balancing controls to ensure protection of company assets.
· Ensures the override cards and passwords given to Lead are always kept secure and not shared.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalency degree.
· Must have a minimum of 2 years professional experience.
· Preferred 2-3 years grocery retail experience in Front End department processes and procedures.
· Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
· Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
· Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
· Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
· Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
· Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
· Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
· Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
· Must have advanced knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
· Demonstrate ability to use a Point of Sale System (POS).
Job Function Analysis
· Sit Rarely 1–2 hours
· Stand Continuously 1–8 hours
· Walk Continuously 2–8 hours
· Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
· Balance Frequently 34–66%
· Bend Occasionally 1–33%
· Climb (2–6 ft) Occasionally 1–33%
· Crawl Occasionally 1–33%
· Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1–33%
· Kneel Occasionally 1–33%
· Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34–66%
· Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1–33%
· 0–10 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
· 11–25 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
· 26–50 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
· 51–100 lbs. Never 0%
· Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34–66%
· Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1–33%
· Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1–33%
· Lower extremities Never 0%
Apply on company website