Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market.
The Fresh Thyme Distribution Center Selector is responsible for continuously developing and having a strong understanding of the picking process, pallet building, forklift and electric jack use, pallet building, and warehouse safety procedures. Needs to understand the products, selection sop, safety, and case pick handling. A Selector is responsible for picking cases and loading using RF and Voice, operating efficiently and accurately. Position pays up to $16.75 per hour to start.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Picks the correct items and quantities, utilizing direction from Voice driven process.
- Builds and shrink wraps a stable and well cubed pallet.
- Loads trailers as assigned.
- Checks and reports damage, shorts, miss slotted, or obvious quality issues.
- Follows and enhances sop for labeling, stacking, and put away of inbound receipts.
- Utilization of Warehouse Management Systems, RF, Voice directed pick. Power Warehouse preferred.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement plans for process development.
- Responsible for following all food safety policy and procedures.
- Performs general housekeeping of warehouse, sweeping and removing debris in aisles.
- Fixes unstable, uneven, pallets in pick and reserve slots.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Grocery retail distribution or wholesale distribution experience. Produce / Fresh Foods preferred.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems, RF, (Power Warehouse WMS preferred).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends when necessary.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with all.
- Understanding of specific knowledge pertaining to Grocery, Produce, and encompassing departments beneficial.
• 0–10 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 11–25 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 26–50 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 51–100 lbs. Never 0%
About Fresh Thyme Farmer's Market:
‘Supermarket of the year in 2016' by Grocery Headquarters magazine.
Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is a full-service specialty retailer focusing on value-priced fresh, healthy, natural and organic offerings. We have opened up over 47 stores since 2013! Our stores boasts an extensive produce department with organic and local fruits and vegetables, a natural meat department, healthy deli foods to go, bakery goods, 300 bulk food bins, dairy and frozen, and health supplement products. At Fresh Thyme, we believe you shouldn't have to give away the farm to feed your body nutritious food. We're on a mission to improve the way our communities eat by offering fresh and healthy food at amazing values -all in a vibrant and fun shopping environment, with smiling friendly faces. Our stores don't follow traditional grocery store design, nor do they have tall aisles or glitzy fixtures. In fact, our stores are so simple and easy to navigate that we don't number our aisles or hand out store maps. We believe shopping for fresh and healthy food should be easy and enjoyable.
Please click on the short video hyperlink about Fresh Thyme and see what we're all about:
About Fresh Thyme Farmers Market
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Apply on company website