Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been growing at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Maintenance Clerk is responsible for maintaining a clean working environment for all staff and customers while ensuring all areas are safe. This position will perform heavy cleaning duties and minor maintenance of store fixtures. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Store Support Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Services, cleans, sanitizes, and supplies restrooms on an hourly basis.
- Maintains waste baskets for entire store.
- Responds to calls for store clean up issues.
- Responsible for maintaining clean floors throughout the store to ensure customer and employee safety measures are met; including scrubbing, sweeping, mopping, polishing, buffing, waxing, and vacuuming.
- Dusts and washes walls, cleans ceilings, and polishes fixtures.
- Maintains outside walk areas including sweeping debris and washing walkways.
- Preserves landscape; including watering, cutting, and trimming shrubs and grass.
- Maintains the store's recycling and compost programs as well as remove recycling and compost materials.
- Tracks and orders maintenance supplies.
- Cleans windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Notifies managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems; places service calls to vendors when appropriate.
- Handles minor maintenance of store fixtures, which may entail painting, using tools or plumbing.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Maintenance department processes and procedures.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
- Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Sit Rarely 1–2 hours
- Stand Continuously 1–8 hours
- Walk Continuously 2–8 hours
- Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
- Balance Frequently 34–66%
- Bend Occasionally 1–33%
- Climb (2–6 ft) Occasionally 1–33%
- Crawl Occasionally 1–33%
- Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1–33%
- Kneel Occasionally 1–33%
- Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34–66%
- Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1–33%
- 0–10 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
- 11–25 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
- 26–50 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
- 51–100 lbs. Never 0%
- Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34–66%
- Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1–33%
- Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1–33%
- Lower extremities Never 0%
- Inside – 90% Outside – 10%
- Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and exhaust fans.
- Refrigerated and ambient environment 35 to 90 degrees
About Fresh Thyme Farmer's Market:
‘Supermarket of the year in 2016' by Grocery Headquarters magazine.
Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is a full-service specialty retailer focusing on value-priced fresh, healthy, natural and organic offerings. We have opened up over 70 stores since 2013! Our stores boasts an extensive produce department with organic and local fruits and vegetables, a natural meat department, healthy deli foods to go, bakery goods, 300 bulk food bins, dairy and frozen, and health supplement products. At Fresh Thyme, we believe you shouldn't have to give away the farm to feed your body nutritious food. We're on a mission to improve the way our communities eat by offering fresh and healthy food at amazing values -all in a vibrant and fun shopping environment, with smiling friendly faces. Our stores don't follow traditional grocery store design, nor do they have tall aisles or glitzy fixtures. In fact, our stores are so simple and easy to navigate that we don't number our aisles or hand out store maps. We believe shopping for fresh and healthy food should be easy and enjoyable.
Please click on the short video hyperlink about Fresh Thyme and see what we're all about:
About Fresh Thyme Farmers Market
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully:
Fresh Thyme is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Fresh Thyme via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Fresh Thyme in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Fresh Thyme, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Fresh Thyme as a result of the referral or through other means.
Apply on company website